CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

For Sale: 1989 RWB FL Very Original. One Lady Owner Last 22 Years.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For Sale: 1989 RWB FL Very Original. One Lady Owner Last 22 Years.

CBR600FL 1989 38,500 miles and climbing very slowly.
Listing on behalf of my wife, Mrs. Beekeeper.
Located Matlock, Derbyshire, UK.
Open to offers in four figures at the mo'. £1600 feels about right.
Owned by a little old pensioner lady (not kidding!), since 2001. (22 years)
MOT (December) (rear tyre advisory, exhaust leak, (fixed)).
MASSIVE, COMPREHENSIVE, continuous service and MOT history running back to 1998. That's 25 years. The bike has never been "laid up".
All work carried out by CMC Chesterfield where I bought it from. (Very reputable dealer).
Totally standard, even the exhaust and silencer. Even has original user manuals etc.
Beyond service items, during my ownership it has had new front discs, new CDI, new fuel pump and anything alse it needed.
Given full appropriate service every year at MOT time (currently December due to stupid COVID delay thing.)
She rode 3500 miles on it around France and Spain last summer and it never missed a beat.
At her request, I rode it today and pronounced "nothing wrong with it at all." It started on the button, even on old winter fuel and sounded great.
What's wrong? She dropped it at a standstill on the Santander ferry due to a slippy metal deck two years ago so it has some minor scratches, a repair (not yet paint matched) and an inspection panel in the wrong livery on the RHS. See photos. [EDIT 23-4-2023 - I have now made an acceptable repair to the mis-matched panel], see photos.
We have sourced the correct match vinyl colours but are not confident to apply it ourselves. The replacement panel itself is a new original one from CSMNL. (£160 - ouch!). You can have the vinyl. Although the "wrong" replacement kind of grows on you ;-)
Selling because she'd like a newer, lighter, bike.
If interested, come and see it, hear it and even try it out if you're suitably experienced, have proof of insurance and you leave a suitable deposit and/or passport or other photo ID.
I wouldn't buy a bike without trying it and don't see why anyone else would.
Also got a spare, lowered seat, spare (standard) silencer and some other bits and bobs, mirrors etc. which we'll chuck in if you want them.
We were going to simply put it on eBay but someone said you "enthusiast" folk might be interested.
It would be a good and very easy restoration to "immaculate original".
Looking for well into four figures at this stage.

Last edited by Beekeeper; 04-22-2023 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Fault fixed :-) Panel now colour matched.
The following users liked this post:
trumpet (03-10-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 03:25 AM
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice example. Better than the one I bought a few months ago at the same price.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:11 AM

Thanks for saying so :-) It has always been given what it needs.

Old 03-06-2023, 08:10 AM
Default Interest?

What has the interest been like, Beekeeper? Did you place it in the UK gumtree site?

Old 03-06-2023, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by beezel
What has the interest been like, Beekeeper? Did you place it in the UK gumtree site?
To quote Baldrick, "Bu99er all, m'lud.". But we've only put it on here and on a couple of Facebook pages. Not too surprised really, bit of an esoteric item these days.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:45 PM

Maybe one bump isn't too rude?

ObAnd, I'm preparing a correctly matched RHS inspection panel.

C'mon! But it now or I'll park it at the Cadwell hairpin next August for a laugh [this bike has never been near a track ... Yet :-D ]

Old 04-03-2023, 05:34 PM

When I wanted to buy one, Facebook was impossible to access from Australia for that purpose, plus I'm anti-social. Media.

Why not on gumtree, or another bike specific site where at least it will come up in the listings of cbr600fs. At least it will get considered?

Old 04-04-2023, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by beezel
When I wanted to buy one, Facebook was impossible to access from Australia for that purpose, plus I'm anti-social. Media.

Why not on gumtree, or another bike specific site where at least it will come up in the listings of cbr600fs. At least it will get considered?
Thanks. I guess we could. Currently working on wrapping a RHS inspection panel in the correct colours (which is the only real fault with the bike). Bike events are kicking off for the summer here and we'll just stick a "For Sale" on it at those. I'm sure someone will get a bargain.

Old 04-12-2023, 02:58 AM
Default worth more than this one

Old 04-13-2023, 06:35 AM

I'd say ours was worth considerably more than that one, and we're only asking around £1600 ono, and you get a spare seat, silencer and some other bits and bobs with it.

I've now (sort of colour) matched one of the spare panels, so the RHS now looks like this again. There is a NOS panel in the wrong colours also included in the sale (see original ad.)

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1989 RWB FL Very Original. One Lady Owner Last 22 Years.