CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

RR Conversion Bike Coming To Life

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like painting a carbon fiber can defeats the purpose. Why not get a Vance and Hines. They make the low style. The one I put on this bike was custom to get the upswept look.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still here. I just got mine running after more than a year sitting in the garage on stands. Not because anything was wrong with it, just because I never had time to ride. The carbs needed A LOT of love to get it to fire again. Glad I put in fuel stabilizer this time around.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by drakito
I'm still here. I just got mine running after more than a year sitting in the garage on stands. Not because anything was wrong with it, just because I never had time to ride. The carbs needed A LOT of love to get it to fire again. Glad I put in fuel stabilizer this time around.
It's the one thing that's really sensitive on these bikes in my experience. The carbs have to be ultra clean and the pilot circuit seems to plug rather easily.

I have other bikes that sit and fire right up. The CBR's don't like to sit for long. I guess they did that so we ride them more.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching your builds since before I was a member and I must say you do some absolutely beautiful work man

Old 06-30-2016, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sam1988F1
I've been watching your builds since before I was a member and I must say you do some absolutely beautiful work man
Wow! Thank you for the positive comments. Amazing that you have been following this for a long time. It goes back a long time. I really like that my builds have inspired others and there are some pretty nice bikes that came out of my original RR build thread.

It took me years to learn how to do things the right way, at least I feel like I do things the right way...then I also am a perfectionist, which makes it take a long time. This bike turned out really well. It rides as nice as it looks. All the new parts I put in makes it feel like a new bike which is a bonus to how it looks.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:45 AM

you're very welcome! your rr conversion is actually what inspired me to purchase my 1988 f1! i have 2003 rr fairings on the way and will be referencing your posts alot. keep up the good work man! and like you mentioned before the f1 senction of the forum has gotten pretty quiet..

Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 PM

Hey Denny, I just found this thread. Woo-hoo, it sounds every bit as good as it looks! It really came out beautiful. Now we just need a video of you riding it.

My CBR has pretty much been languishing this year. I rather unintentionally started a side business re-dyeing motorcycle leathers for local racers after they saw some I did for myself. A couple of them have talked me into giving track days a shot. So it looks like my HuRRicane is going to be turned into a track bike in the next couple months. Old bike, old rider - should be good for a few laughs.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:02 AM

Thanks so much, I was wondering if still check the threads. I have ridden the bike but no one was around to video me. It runs out really well and is tight as a drum. The Progressive shock is a bit stiff for my old butt, but it feels right. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

If you read this, how did you deal with the high/low beam. I can't get the low beam to come on with the high beam as I think the RR must have had a relay in the circuit.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 AM

I need to check, but I think I left the setup so that either lo or hi is on, but not both at once. I had a headlight modulator in at some point and that limited my wiring choices.

Since the wire lead to the hi beam is switched off when the lo beam is on (I think), you could just splice the wire from the hi beam to the lo beam as well. Then you would get lo beam only on the lo switch setting from the original lo beam feed, and hi and lo together from the hi beam feed on the hi switch setting.

That's assuming the hot side of the wiring is switched and not the ground side. Also assuming the switch or relay (I simply don't remember the circuit wiring) can handle the current.

Last edited by Doc B.; 07-12-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc B.
I need to check, but I think I left the setup so that either lo or hi are on, but not both at once. I had a headlight modulator in at some point and that limited my wiring choices.

Since the wire lead to the hi beam is switched off when the lo beam is on (I think), you could just splice the wire from the hi beam to the lo beam as well. Then you would get lo beam only on the lo switch setting from the original lo beam feed, and hi and lo together from the hi beam feed on the hi switch setting.

That's assuming the hot side of the wiring is switched and not the ground side. Also assuming the switch or relay (I simply don't remember the circuit wiring) can handle the current.
Ha! I did just what you suggested originally...that's why I asked the question.

What happens is the high beam powers the low beam and the low beam powers the high beam so they are both on no matter what position the switch is in.

That's why I was thinking the RR high beam has a relay to power the low beam but switch the feed off when on low beam. I think that would work if I get around to doing it.

Quick Reply: RR Conversion Bike Coming To Life