CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Interchangeable fairings

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable fairings

Hey guys, on the quest to turn my bike into a streetfighter I am wondering about how interchangeable plastics are going to be.

I realize probably no bike besides other F1s have panels/fairings that are just going to bolt right on, but I imagine there are some general do's and don't's to make it easier? I would kind of assume that parts from 750s and 1000s probably wont fit right, and I also assume it would be easier to stick with Honda parts?

Specifically I am talking about underbellys, front mud guards, not sure what to call it, but the plastics that go around the sides and rear of the seat (rear seat fairings maybe?), and undertails.

I know this is a very non specific question, but when fitting other plastics, does it typically require welding on new brackets? Just screwing new holes in the plastics? Lots of duct tape?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by eblak3
Hey guys, on the quest to turn my bike into a streetfighter I am wondering about how interchangeable plastics are going to be.
I realize probably no bike besides other F1s have panels/fairings that are just going to bolt right on, but I imagine there are some general do's and don't's to make it easier? I would kind of assume that parts from 750s and 1000s probably wont fit right, and I also assume it would be easier to stick with Honda parts?
Specifically I am talking about underbellys, front mud guards, not sure what to call it, but the plastics that go around the sides and rear of the seat (rear seat fairings maybe?), and undertails.
I know this is a very non specific question, but when fitting other plastics, does it typically require welding on new brackets? Just screwing new holes in the plastics? Lots of duct tape?

Thanks in advance!!!
Not interchangeable at all!
You can use whatever brand that suits your tastes because of the nature of the task.
This all depends on your skills, imagination and money available. I think most people use the existing mounting holes and attach new brackets to that or cut and weld.
Good luck! Look at some of the streetfighter/ newer fairing projects in this forum section!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Thanks Billistic,

I have looked at a couple of the street fighters on here and have gotten a lot of ideas. I'm going to go home this weekend and take a bunch of pictures of all the mounting holes etc. and then go up to a junk yard Monday and see what kind of stuff they have up there. Also see what kind of prices I'll be looking at!