CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

I Found Another F1 to Save

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool- sounds like a lot of fun. I've just sort of gotten back into bikes in the last few years- spent the previous 20 or so messing with musclecars (mopars) but cars are big and as I get older not so much fun to work on. I still have a 70 Charger which pretty much took over the whole garage. So playing with bikes is appealing to me more and more. It will be a steep learning curve, but that's OK

So far a 89 FZR a 85 RZ350 (I should have kept) and now the Hurricane.

Casually looking for an old 88 red/white Katana because that's the first bike I had in the 90's (crash)

Probably can't go too crazy as the wife wants carpet and paint and stupid stuff like that.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice thread. Thanks.

You have made me feel bad, however. I picked up a parts bike recently and paid $900 for it. The fairings are thrashed, the tank is cracked, it doesn't run great, but it had some parts I really needed for my 1989. I will part the rest of it out and probably get my money back but $300 would have been much more to my liking.

Out of curiosity, how do you find these deals? I look on craigslist regularly but don't see them in this area.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:37 AM

Few and far between where I am also....just not a large population, especially in the 80's

Old 07-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the only one I've found lately even within 1000 miles.
1990 CBR600F HURRICANE CBR 600 F1

Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 AM

Man that's nice...but going to be a tough sale at that price. There isn't a ton of people hunting for these bikes. Mine was for sale about 3 hours from me on ebay. I won it through ebay for $1400. I think I scored but just goes to show that not many people care to pay a lot for these bikes.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done mate, I certainly wish I could find a couple unwanted ones laying in a shed. I've got a Cbr1000ft which is the 1996 model but if I could find a couple of cheap ones here in Australian, I would buy them and do them up so my two sons had one each as well. They both enjoy bikes and love the old man's

If anybody in Aus reads this and has one tucked away in a shed somewhere even if has a blown motor etc let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Anyway a warm hello to all

Old 07-19-2016, 06:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry everyone, haven't been on here for a while...having computer problems.

There are tricks to finding bikes. I look everywhere. Also word of mouth.

The white and blue one in this thread was listed under "parts" on Craigslist. There was an issue with the title so the guy wanted to just sell it without title.

After I looked at it the issue with the title was simple to fix...so it was a really good buy and legal too.

I find bikes on CL and Ebay. Local newspapers.

I also have one secret method that I don't really want to disclose

Old 07-20-2016, 05:53 AM

I actually just bought another one this morning, a 1995 cbr1000f. Needs a new fairing and a Kleen up as the original owner from new let it fall off a ramp while putting it on a trailer as he had sold it to a mate. The mate of the owner had already paid for it and now doesn't want it so I picked it up cheap. Has full monokey panniers as well. I will probably set one up for specific travel and the other for leisurely rides

Old 07-20-2016, 01:01 PM

It fell off a ramp mid-sale? that sucks. Hopefully you can get it back together easily enough.

Dennis, a secret method eh? hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Old 07-20-2016, 05:00 PM

The fairing is a real mess but only cosmetic. The guy that was buying it from the original owner immediately lost interest so his loss our gain. Haven't decided what colour scheme we will go with as yet, possibly back to original but it gives us the opportunity to do a full change so a bit of thought has to go into that. The full panniers were a real bonus and otherwise the bike presents as a real honest one owner bike.

We have only been where we live for just over a year and to get anything done here is a real drama as seems to be less than nil professional attitude in the bike shops so it makes us do most of our work our selves so a bike falling off a ramp on a trailer is probably par for the course here.

A bike shop spilling brake fluid on a new fairing and then wonder why we get upset about it, that's the mentality which is very disappointing. We even now have reverted to getting any parts needed from our states capital city which is only a couple of hours drive away.

We are hoping to be able to get a bit of interest in doing maybe an annual CBR charity bash but will see how it goes. As yet we have one interested from NZ

Anyway all the best and take care on the roads

Quick Reply: I Found Another F1 to Save