CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Forum ride out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forum ride out?

hmmm, let's think about this for a moment...

how far would any of you travel to meet up with others if this opportunity presented itself?

honda has a get together called the Honda Hoot in Tennessee. it is a week long event.so where would 'cane riders go if this were to happen?

how would people get there? ride or trailer queen?

and how far in advance would any of this planning have to take place for it to happen?

how many would be interested?

how many can possibly attend?

what site could accomodate the numbers?

what would we do besides hang around?

given the distance to anywhere for anyone, how many days would a person have to take off?

how about a Hot Rod Power Tour type function?

and last but not least, what person(s) would plan this function or activity? anyone good at logistics?

given that this is the 20th anniversary of the '87, would it be feasible to even think that there will be enough hurricane/f1's in service to celebrate a 25th anniversary?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: michigan_313
how far would any of you travel to meet up with others if this opportunity presented itself?
12 Hours

honda has a get together called the Honda Hoot in Tennessee. it is a week long event.so where would 'cane riders go if this were to happen?
Tennessee little far away for me...

how would people get there? ride or trailer queen?
Does any of us trust our canes for 12 straight hours?

and how far in advance would any of this planning have to take place for it to happen?
3 months minimum for me

how many would be interested?
I would be

how many can possibly attend?

what site could accomodate the numbers?

what would we do besides hang around?
What all guys/gals do... shoot the **** have fun. We all may be different, but we share one common thing: riding (and the forum). I am assumin we would do some riding

given the distance to anywhere for anyone, how many days would a person have to take off?
probably 2 if it was on a weekend

how about a Hot Rod Power Tour type function?

and last but not least, what person(s) would plan this function or activity? anyone good at logistics?
logistics will work themselves out... if we get anyone intrested

given that this is the 20th anniversary of the '87, would it be feasible to even think that there will be enough hurricane/f1's in service to celebrate a 25th anniversary?

I know mine will be around to see 25, that is unless I decide to sell her and someone wraps her around a tree

Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 AM

Just an FYI Telgren, my brother lives in Mitchell (as I used to) and we go to the Hills every year. Perhaps you would like to go and meet us out there for that?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:23 AM

I would love to ride with anyone...

When would you be thinking? I am not a big sturgis rally fan. I dont think there is any point in being next to 100,000 harleys but that is just me.

I realize that SD is way way way out of there for many.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:49 AM

My vote for alocation would be Deals Gap Tenn.

http://www.dealsgap.com/

Memorial Day, 4th of July, orLabor Day weekends.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM

Im in georgia, tennessee has all the mountain roads, their bada$$ but you really need to know how to lean good.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 AM

I love your questions michigan 313. that is the reasonI started this thread. The way I see it is this, This is the 20th anniversary of the cane and if we could get this together, why not get Honda involved as a sponsor. with them launching a new 600 and the article in motor cyclist I don't think they would have a problem sponsoring such a thing, another sposor could be one of the cycle mags. Sponsors should not be too big of a problem and vendors might not be to bad either. If anybody on here is a real rider and serious about it it can be done. It wouldn't matter where it was, true riders will come no matter if they ride or trailer. Tennessee is thoughtfull and so is St. Louis, anywhere that would be close to central for everybody.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my biggest problem is it takes me 10 hours just to get out of Texas alone.....besides the 5 hours trip down to MEXICO! and i dont think that is where we are meeting...lol. i think this is something that would take alot of planning and would probably be better off next year or further....

Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM

I change my vote to St. Louis.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 PM

If the group is serious about getting together and the group would consider tent camping for the weekend, I could arrange
accommodations at my families property in Waterloo Illinois for a weekend stay for everyone.

The (clubhouse) has 88 acerson a13 acer lake, the property includes a main house with kitchen and bathroom/shower, 4 bedrooms, living room and dining room, a large porch, screened in bbq cooking area, dock and swimming area.

Tents and campers could easily be set up around the main house for a 3 day 2 nightstay.

Waterloo Illinois is just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis and well within 30 min drive time to STL.

Cash could be saved on lodging by staying at the clubhouse and St. Louis is a central location in the US, so chew on the idea and I will post info on the location for everyone to see.

Quick Reply: Forum ride out?