CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Anyone use Photoshop? Need help with bike painting/decal placement

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Photoshop? Need help with bike painting/decal placement

I was looking for some help from someone who knows how to use adobe photoshop, if its not a problem. Right now my bike is in primer (all the plastics, tank, mirrors), and I bought the paint and clear coat, just waiting for my friend to spray it for me. It is going to be all metalic black. The rims are staying the same red that they are, since its too much work for me to take them off and paint them, so I decided to leave them on and scatter red throughout the bike so it doesnt look so wierd. Here's the link to my bike: https://cbrforum.com/albumphoto.asp?...480&sortType=6 There are photos in the link of my bike, the decals I ordered (their grey in pic, but I ordered red), the dimensions of them, and the tank pad. The pics of the bike are pretty bad, so maybe you can use someone elses pic of a 600 hurricane. Anyways, if someone has time on their hands and is crazy bored, I wanted to see what its going to look like in metallic black, with the rims the same red color, and the red decals (you decide where they should be put) I dont know where the decals should be yet, I got the 600rr decals since they look alot cooler, of course I wont put the RR part on but the 600, honda, wings, and cbr will go on somewhere. It doesnt have to be perfect I just mainly want to see where the decals should go, and maybe if i should put on a red pin stripe or something. I just dont want there to be too much black and ONLY red rims. It will look bad. I dont know if what Im asking is possible on photoshop but if it is, I greatly appreciate it.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Default RE: Anyone use Photoshop? Need help with bike painting/decal placement

Sorry its hasty, but here is a very rough image. I left the tank red, it would take quite a while to mask out. Metallic black is a hard color to match up with, so I used normal black with some brightness adjustment. If you have an image of the color black you are going to use let me know and I will match some colors better.

Mine looks pretty much like that, if you want a visualization with a red tank. I have non-oem stickers (I had a graphics shop make them).

If you need anymore let me know and hope it helps

Old 09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn telgren, now i dont have anything to do at work tomorrow...j/k...id prolly be too lazy to do that anyways. rizoss, what did you want to line up on the pic? the vinyls? just to see where you could put them?

Old 09-21-2006, 12:11 PM

Hey, thanks alot that helps a little bit. What I really want to know is where I should place the vinyl decals, I posted what they look like on that link. They are red, so they will distribute red throughout the bike a little more, so it wont look so wierd and plain. Also, i have a red tank pad that will add some extra detail too.