CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Honda CBR XX Blackbird.

  #1  
Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Default Honda CBR XX Blackbird.

Hi Can anyone help, I am again asking a question, about a bike I am about to buy, the seller says that the Bike is Sluggish, the outlet for the Silencers are Black, (fitted with Viper Silencers) also I have been offerd a Pair of Standard Silencers but the are from a Injection Model, and this on I have been offerd is a Carb Model, Regards Bernard
 
  #2  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Dean0's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by Ducati ST2 View Post
Hi Can anyone help, I am again asking a question, about a bike I am about to buy, the seller says that the Bike is Sluggish, the outlet for the Silencers are Black, (fitted with Viper Silencers) also I have been offerd a Pair of Standard Silencers but the are from a Injection Model, and this on I have been offerd is a Carb Model, Regards Bernard
Sluggish could be carbs out of balance.
Could also be that previous owner has added aftermarket silencers AND K&N filter without re-jetting.

The injection silencers from bikes with analogue clocks will be OK on a carb bike.
Silencers from an injection bike with digital clocks will have cats in the link pipes.
 
  #3  
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 114
Default

hi deano sorry for butting in on the post just wanted to ask u i do have a 2007 model injected bird with the digital dash. standard can on at present but want to put a set of race cans on her till i read your reply above about cats in the link pipes of the digital models. does this mean i cant put race cans on my bird then? or if i can do i need to remap or something else to get bike to run good. can i also ask what are the cats forin the cans?or is this a stupid question
 
  #4  
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Dean0's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by cbrjohn View Post
hi deano sorry for butting in on the post just wanted to ask u i do have a 2007 model injected bird with the digital dash. standard can on at present but want to put a set of race cans on her till i read your reply above about cats in the link pipes of the digital models. does this mean i cant put race cans on my bird then? or if i can do i need to remap or something else to get bike to run good. can i also ask what are the cats forin the cans?or is this a stupid question
Yes you can put race cans on to the bike but they will need to have the link pipes too.

The cats ( catalytic converters ) are there to remove harmful gasses from the exhaust.

It is quite common to put carb exhausts on the injection bikes to free up the exhaust and retain the oem look.

You might get away with just fitting the race cans but you will probably get better results if you also fit a power commander or other such tuning box and have it all set up on a dyno.

The big no no is fitting cat cans to a non injection because they don't have a sensor to keep the fueling correct to protect the cats.
 
  #5  
Old 06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 114
Default

thanks deano for clearing that up just one more thing u say i can fit the race cans to my injection bird with digital clocks but they need to have the link pipes too, do u mean the link pipes i get when buying a new set of race cans from fleabay. as the originals as u know are all one unit. thanks for your help
 
  #6  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Dean0's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by cbrjohn View Post
thanks deano for clearing that up just one more thing u say i can fit the race cans to my injection bird with digital clocks but they need to have the link pipes too, do u mean the link pipes i get when buying a new set of race cans from fleabay. as the originals as u know are all one unit. thanks for your help
Yes - correct - you need the link pipes that come with the cans ( some don't come with them and need to be bought separately )
 
  #7  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 114
Default

thanks can u suggest any nice cans out there
 
  #8  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Dean0's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by cbrjohn View Post
thanks can u suggest any nice cans out there
I am using DELKEVIC stainless oval stubbies - very light for the price, street legal, nice sound.

EDIT - I am also using a stainless exhaust manifold from an FI bird so they deffinately work with the FI maniflod.
 
Attached Thumbnails Honda CBR XX Blackbird.-blackbird-delkevics.jpg  

Last edited by Dean0; 06-30-2012 at 03:28 PM.
  #9  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 114
Default

thanks again pal
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Ducati ST2
New Member Area
6
05-16-2012 12:30 PM
superman_gsxr
New Member Area
5
10-15-2008 12:14 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda CBR XX Blackbird.


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.