CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Exhaust Header size carbed bird

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Header size carbed bird

Hi, I need to pick your collective brains if I may, a mate and myself are building a trackday car and have put a carbed bird engine into it (it is going to be one quick car) and are getting close to needing to make an exhaust for it, so the big question is...

Does the bird share any headers with any other hondas, you know the sort of info, flange size, stud spacing, header dia etc

The reason to ask is that we're going to hack it around loads so really not bothered about condition and all the bird exhausts on eblag are going for big money, so its a lot of money to chop up and being a tight northen git this goes totally against the grain

Anyway, if you happen to know that the superdream 400 (I had a black one!) or anything else could be made to fit a bird then please let me know !!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Rich

Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by RichardK
Hi, I need to pick your collective brains if I may, a mate and myself are building a trackday car and have put a carbed bird engine into it (it is going to be one quick car) and are getting close to needing to make an exhaust for it, so the big question is...

Does the bird share any headers with any other hondas, you know the sort of info, flange size, stud spacing, header dia etc

The reason to ask is that we're going to hack it around loads so really not bothered about condition and all the bird exhausts on eblag are going for big money, so its a lot of money to chop up and being a tight northen git this goes totally against the grain

Anyway, if you happen to know that the superdream 400 (I had a black one!) or anything else could be made to fit a bird then please let me know !!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Rich
I have a set of carb downpipes that you are welcome to if you care to pick them up.

Replaced mine with a stainless set from an injection bird.

rgds

Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Deano, you're an absolute legend, thank you very much indeed, could I arrange for a courier to collect? Just let me know what address to give them.

I know you said that I can have them if I pick them up which is really kind of you but if you won't take any money for them could I make a donation on your behalf to a charity of your choice? Yorkshire Air Ambulance or something, just an idea.

Thanks again, much appreciate it, if you want to PM me those details I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

Rich

Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 AM

Deano, you're an absolute legend, thank you very much indeed, could I arrange for a courier to collect? Just let me know what address to give them.

I know you said that I can have them if I pick them up which is really kind of you but if you won't take any money for them could I make a donation on your behalf to a charity of your choice? Yorkshire Air Ambulance or something, just an idea.

Thanks again, much appreciate it, if you want to PM me those details I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

Rich
Don't want anything for them - they were going to go to the tip when I got around to it.

Just glad they will be usefull to someone else.

PM me your e-mail address and i'll send you a couple of pics - they are rusty but solid.

I only changed them because I was fitting aftermarket cans and the stainless manifold came up at a really nice price.

Dean

Old 05-08-2010, 05:30 AM

Thanks Deano, pm sent!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks Deano, pm sent!
Pics and address sent.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Hi Deano, the headers arrived safe and sound so thank you very much for your generosity, its obviously much appreciated.

Thanks again, I'll stick some pictures up again when we've done the cut and shut and hidden the rubbish welding with exhaust wrap

Cheers

Rich

Old 05-16-2010, 05:03 AM

Hi Deano, the headers arrived safe and sound so thank you very much for your generosity, its obviously much appreciated.

Thanks again, I'll stick some pictures up again when we've done the cut and shut and hidden the rubbish welding with exhaust wrap

Cheers

Rich
Glad they could be of use to you.

Yes - would be good to see some pics when you get it done.