Yoshimura rs-5 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshimura rs-5 exhaust

Anyone no how the CBR 1000 runs with the Yoshimura rs-5 exhaust? I have a Repsol and would like to see if anyone has added this slip on without a power commander.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Default RE: Yoshimura rs-5 exhaust

Mine runs great with it but I also have a PCIII Commander. I have heard that it will run well without the Power Commander also. I bought Rs-5 because I like to be able to hear my bike and of course I love the deeper thoaty exhaust sound. I would like it even if it didn't add to performance just for the looks and the nice sound. The performance factor feels to me as though it is less restricted but still has good back preasure. It is not an extreme differance but smooths out the power. The front end comes up easyer also, if you like wheelies. It did not help on gas milage though. Still sucks it down in about 120+ miles. I am sure you will like it.
Enjoy

Old 12-25-2005, 04:27 PM

I ran mine without a power commander for about 5 months, it was fine...then I installed the power commander and did not think I would notice a difference, but I was wrong. It will run without it, but will run SOOOO much better with it

Old 12-26-2005, 03:47 PM

I'm running my bike without anything extra, I have a Micron though, and it runs fine. The Micron manual even stated that no additional tuning was needed. I may still have my buddy at the shop hook up the Commander, he offered why not, and see if it makes a difference.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:44 PM

I ran mine without a power commander for a few months with no problem , I now run a Akrapovic Evolution system with a power commander .
If you want a RS5 Ti slip I have one I can sell .

Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM

What was involved in installing your rs-5. Have you had any problems without the heat shield?

Old 12-26-2005, 11:33 PM

Pretty easy to install , took longer to get the stock stuff out of the way (they like to hide bolts on ya)
As for heat they sent me a piece of heat reflective sticker to stick on the under side (you can just barley see it in pic) but no melting or discoloration of plastic.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 AM

the piece of heat shield they give ya bin it its a waste of space and the yoshi springs are crap but look great,i modified my original heat shield i have the full system which is a bit fiddly to fit but its well worth it!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2005, 07:36 AM

I ran mine for 2 months without a pc3, i ran fine definatley better than the stock item, but a little rich. Then i fitted a PC3 and loaded the map from the Power commander website. It ran better again, still a little rich. Then i got the bike dyno`ed and setup with a custom map including the K&N filter. Now its beautiful!! Runs fantastic.

The Can is a doddle to fit just gotta watch out for them hidden bolts as has already been said by MgA_ODEN, If you where to buy a pc3 we have a maps section you can try my custom map if you so desired, in the mods section i think.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM

IS your RS-5 a full or a slip on Hit me back at Keay79@yahoo.com if you want to sell it..keay

Quick Reply: Yoshimura rs-5 exhaust