Xtreme Powersports Tampa,FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Xtreme Powersports Tampa,FL

Just want everyone know before they make the same $214 mistake that I made today.

Well I purchased a PC III so I called Xtreme Powerspots of Tampa to get my bike tuned on a chassis dyno. The person I spoke to over the phone said yes they perform the task so I said set me up for an appointment. Well when I arrive to pick up my bike I asked the guy how much RWHP did the bike make? He gave me a confused look as if he did not know what I was talking about.

This F**king company do not even have a chassis dyno WTF. They claimed that they use an O2 senser to tune the bike and that a chassis dyno was to exspensive. WHAT!!!!!!!!! I advised the people there that I would not have come there had I known that they did not have a chassis dyno. I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE BIKE WAS WAS MAKING IN TERMS OF RWHP. Well that did not happen! At this time I was so PISSED and the best thing for me to do was leave before I did something I might be regreting.

THIS PLACE IF FULL OF ****

FWIW I should have went to MotorSports of Tampa. I know that have what I was looking for but no I took the advise of some *** CLOWN :-(

So to the riders in Tampa, FL that have purchased a PC and want to get there bike tuned and leaving a shop knowing what their RWHP would be at DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO Xtreme Powersports (813-626-6060) on US301 in Tampa, FL.

I am glad this is the only and the last time they will get anymore money from me. They lost me as a customer. And hell I spend alot of money on my bike.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM

I will never do business with a place that can't spell the all the words in their name correctly. Sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. I wouldn't have paid them a dime.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 PM

+1 for Motorsports, good folks. Never dealt with Xtreme so can't add anything there.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 AM

wow.. that sucks! sorry to hear that +1 i wouldnt have paid themsh*t either

Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 AM

Are you planning on still getting dyno tuned?

If so, I keep the base run and the final run reports, then if they are way different, such as your bike not being at its optinum, bring it back to the dealership and demand your money back. thats about the only recourse you have now that you have paid them. If you can provide proof they didn't tune it, you should be ok.

but as others said, there is no way I would have paid. I would have been telling them to suck it and take me to court as they didnt do what they were suppose to do.

Its kind of funny though. There is a dealership not too far from me that is called the same name, and funny thing is.... the same types working there. Its Xtremely hard to find a good dealership. In fact, I still haven't found one.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM

i do business at xtreme and motorsports. i am not sure how you could have been misled about having a dyno or not. that appears to be fairly cut and dry. they stated " we perform the task ". that is different then saying "we have a dyno and do the tuning". although it is possible that you were misled i find it more probable that you misunderstood. sounds like you simply asked them if they install the pc3 and tune the bike. that is much different than, do you have a dyno. i think you perhaps share equal blame here.

not saying you didnt get what you wanted but i dont think you clearly communicted that to the dealership.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by TBagr
i do business at xtreme and motorsports. i am not sure how you could have been misled about having a dyno or not. that appears to be fairly cut and dry. they stated " we perform the task ". that is different then saying "we have a dyno and do the tuning". although it is possible that you were misled i find it more probable that you misunderstood. sounds like you simply asked them if they install the pc3 and tune the bike. that is much different than, do you have a dyno. i think you perhaps share equal blame here.

not saying you didnt get what you wanted but i dont think you clearly communicted that to the dealership.

There you go thinking! Well you should stop THINKING. I know what I was told as I made the phone call and I know what was told to me. You can deal with them if you want to, me I will not. It cost me $214 to get it.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:49 PM

I can see the dealership misleading people. At least here, it happens all the time. The service manager for one of the dealerships here is the owners daughter, who doesn't understand a thing about motorcycles and has misled many of my friends. A friend of mine called to check on the status of his forks that were being rebuilt, to get a reply of no, not yet. For over 2 weeks, finally he got pissed and went in to talk to them, as it was only suppose to take a few days at the most. He was talking to the manager who insisted she would check into why they werent done when the mechanic walked around the corner, and said,"I was wondering when you were gonna come get those forks", they've been done for over a week". You can imagine the anger factor since our riding season here is pretty short.

One weekend, she was there at the service counter completing sales transactions. I called and asked if they a certain brand oil and a certain weight, she said yes. I drove the 25 miles to get some, only to find out they didnt carry it. Her reply was, well, we have this oil, as she holds a bottle in her hand. I shook my head and walked out just before letting her know, that she was holding a bottle of 2 cycle oil, and that unless I wanted to destroy my engine, I was doing my business elsewhere.

The sad part is, the dealership wasnt that bad until a few years ago when new owners took it over. Since then, its become one of the biggest jokes around and very few people go there. Also, all of their mechanics have quit and they now have a bunch of kids working in the back.

So, when your talking on the phone with someone who is not going to be completing the work, and may not know anything about the work being done, I can see how easily they give people mis-information, even if that person isnt a complete train wreck like at the dealership here, people can be misled.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Soultrain
There you go thinking! Well you should stop THINKING. I know what I was told as I made the phone call and I know what was told to me. You can deal with them if you want to, me I will not. It cost me $214 to get it.
ok, since you want to go that route, i am going to tell you what i was trying to be polite about.

you didnt ask the following question " do you have a dyno?"
nor did you ask "can you dyno tune my bike?"

had you asked either of those two questions then you would have gotten a no because they do not own a dyno. i know every single person there including the mechanics and noone would mislead you. i think you are a newer rider and didnt present what you wanted to them correctly. ok so **** happens but for you to bash them because they did what you paid them to do is a poor excuse for a customer. you are a problem customer i am sure. i bet you have issues like this with lots of places you have gone with other products or services. it is people like you that raise rates for others and make it difficult for customer service to be great anywhere.

the people there are very well versed in parts and service. they did a COMPLETE teardown and rebuild of my 08 cbr1000 and you can see thse pics in my gallery. they also installed the HRC race kit in my 07TRX450 and it runs like a raped ape.

i would be happy to throw them under the bus if i felt that you were taken advantage of but i TRULY believe that you are not being entirely honest about what happened and you are more than equally to blame.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM

before you turn on the peeps tryin to help...go back to the place , talk with the manager, if you do this with a COOL head and deacent attitude , ill bet he'll understand and give you a refund...but blowin up on the mech and yer brothers here aint the way to handle yer bitness...JMO, dont forget that we live in an adult world and given the chance i think they will make this right with you... if you like i will make the phone call for you explaining the misunderstanding...?did you even try to speak with the manager? dont assume peeps know what you want,,,Tbagr is right on with askin the right questions out of the gate...im sure this will get back to the shop and IMO its not rite to blast them if you didnt even give em a chance to make things rite...now shut the **** up and handle it correct.....peeeece

Last edited by bambam; 01-13-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spilled my beer laughin so hard....