Wild price decrease of '08 CBR 1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild price decrease of '08 CBR 1000RR

Gang,
I usually post up in the 1000F area but yesterday I went by my dealer to see what goodies they had and I see several guys over by the 1000RRs so I ease over for a look. Man, $8,125.00 was the new price and I thought, 'Oh hell yeah! This is what I'm talking about!' Did everything but buy the black and silver unit they had. I asked could they move any on the price so I could get a matching helmet and jacket; they really got offened and said I could buy it at that price or keep wishing. I pointed out that I have bought three bikes in less than a year and they service all of them but they did not want to hear me.
I left, went home and got on my laptop. Not even a hour away, in Rockingham, NC; they have them for $7,199.00. You know, stealerships wonder why people hate dealing with them. I mean for the love of Mike...I go on line to flea-bay and they have some there for $6,999.00!!!! Now if I can have the wife work with me I can be tooling a new ride before the cold weather starts coming in. Later, JD

PS - Is this bike as good as all the articles I have read?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:34 AM

Buddy of mine wants one too- the local dealership in FL looks like their chopping their prices too. We looked online and thought it was a scam - guess its all over.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM

2010's will be coming out....they NEED to clear out 08's, besides the 09's!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Default Oh yeah...

Originally Posted by GBracer
2010's will be coming out....they NEED to clear out 08's, besides the 09's!
I hear you GB and that is the reality but to find '08s on ebay for less than $7K is big news. I have went back and read all the magazine comparisons with most of them putting the '08 on top. I also had several British BIKE magazines that rated it #1 in different road tests.
There are alot of guys I work with who street race and say they wouldn't own a new 1000RR because the ZX-10 and GSX-R1000 "kills 'em up in the quarter and top end." Most of these guys run 6-10" extended swing arms and don't care about handling. I wonder if it wasn't this type of word-of-mouth crap that have hurt sales.
I guess what blows my mind is the fact that most deals I have seen average out to a 38% discount!!! 38% off on a Honda...I've been riding Hondas since 1980 and have never seen this before. Later, JD

Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by leanit
Gang,
I usually post up in the 1000F area but yesterday I went by my dealer to see what goodies they had and I see several guys over by the 1000RRs so I ease over for a look. Man, $8,125.00 was the new price and I thought, 'Oh hell yeah! This is what I'm talking about!' Did everything but buy the black and silver unit they had. I asked could they move any on the price so I could get a matching helmet and jacket; they really got offened and said I could buy it at that price or keep wishing. I pointed out that I have bought three bikes in less than a year and they service all of them but they did not want to hear me.
I left, went home and got on my laptop. Not even a hour away, in Rockingham, NC; they have them for $7,199.00. You know, stealerships wonder why people hate dealing with them. I mean for the love of Mike...I go on line to flea-bay and they have some there for $6,999.00!!!! Now if I can have the wife work with me I can be tooling a new ride before the cold weather starts coming in. Later, JD

PS - Is this bike as good as all the articles I have read?
Yeah, Here in Shreveport, we only have one Honda Powersports dealership, so there is not much competition.. I just bought an 2007 for 7150 new, but the 2008 is just 8199...I don't like the 2008 look, so I went for the 2007.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM

I've been looking to upgrade my old 1000F to either a more current generation CBR1000RR (2006 or 2007) or a MV Augusta F4.

I'm starting to get a bit more serious and called the MV dealer on Wednesday and was told that the new bikes are 20K plus, but they had a few 2007 and 2008 leftovers that they could deal (14K ish) on. Now I see 2008 CBR1000RR's just inder 7K on sBay.

So.... I ask.... how are guys selling used bikes still expecting to get what you can get a new bike for their used bikes? I can't imagine the older bikes are that much more desirable.....

I really like the undertail exhaust of those two style bikes but I'm thinking it's gonna be hard to pass up one of those 2008 CBR1000RR.

Any words of wisdom from the board.

Last edited by andrewmr; 09-07-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by andrewmr
I've been looking to upgrade my old 1000F to either a more current generation CBR1000RR (2006 or 2007) or a MV Augusta F4.

I'm starting to get a bit more serious and called the MV dealer on Wednesday and was told that the new bikes are 20K plus, but they had a few 2007 and 2008 leftovers that they could deal (14K ish) on. Now I see 2008 CBR1000RR's just inder 7K on sBay.

So.... I ask.... how are guys selling used bikes still expecting to get what you can get a new bike for their used bikes? I can't imagine the older bikes are that much more desirable.....

I really like the undertail exhaust of those two style bikes but I'm thinking it's gonna be hard to pass up one of those 2008 CBR1000RR.

I bought my '06 new in 2007 under similiar circumstances. This is not a once in a lifetime sale, but it is a fairly rare occurance. I would take advantage of it. You should be able to pick one up for under $7,000 drive it for a couple years and get near what you paid for it if you decide to sell. So, to answer your question regarding used bike resale? Honda Dealers will run this promo for a few weeks until stock is low, then prices go back up. I don't recall them doing this last year, but in '08 and '07 they had similiar pricing for short periods of time.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Default MV or CBR

Originally Posted by andrewmr

If I was 20 years younger and had the funds, the MV would be in my garage. But at 46, hopefully I'm wise enough to see the CBR as a valid superbike that will offer easier and less expensive services. I read a article from one of the magazines this past weekend that tested all the great bikes and journalists from all over the world. The MV posted the greatest top speed but the CBR offered the lowest lap time and most riders set their personal 'best' lap on the CBR.
You could buy a '07 and '08 for what you would spend on the MV and it's first service. Ask the dealer what they charge for valve adjustments. I nearly bought a Triumph 1200 Trophy a few months back when I call the dealer. Valve adjustemnts? = $996.00....Nope...I can't see it.
Good luck, JD

Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 AM

Hey guys, I haven't posted here much, just lurk pretty much as I'm a big fan of the RR's. I ride a VFR right now. But all this talk about the sale on 1000rr's has me REALLY interested.

So I get an online quote from my current insurance provider and it was...just retarded. I understand it's a high performance bike, but damn. My driving record is excellent and I haven't gotten a ticket in over 3 years. Did I mention I've already got two bikes with them?
Would you guys that ride 1000rr's mind letting slip how much you've gotten your policies for? I need to know how much these guys are trying to ream me for. Any suggestions on a company you've dealt with?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by fastbroshi
Hey guys, I haven't posted here much, just lurk pretty much as I'm a big fan of the RR's. I ride a VFR right now. But all this talk about the sale on 1000rr's has me REALLY interested.

So I get an online quote from my current insurance provider and it was...just retarded. I understand it's a high performance bike, but damn. My driving record is excellent and I haven't gotten a ticket in over 3 years. Did I mention I've already got two bikes with them?
Would you guys that ride 1000rr's mind letting slip how much you've gotten your policies for? I need to know how much these guys are trying to ream me for. Any suggestions on a company you've dealt with?
I pay $73 a month for a 1000rr with Statefarm....I was with a former agent when I had a 600 and it was $68, so by far Statefarm is the best if you have a good driving record.

Quick Reply: Wild price decrease of '08 CBR 1000RR