wife wants to go fast?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife wants to go fast?

061krr.....there's been a couple of times the wife want me to kick it a little... and i know how the front likes to come up on me when i ride alone. i've tried a couple of times to get on it a little in second but it feels like with her on it it's about to wheelie..... my thinking is it would probably wheelie easier with a passenger on the back? with the extra weight up high and so far back?im not talking about getting stupid on it with her on the back.... NO WAY..... but a second gear pull hear and there? do you guys (with experience) think it'd come up on me easier withher on the back? or would more weight in general hold it down better???

Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Default RE: wife wants to go fast?

i have never had the front end "accidently" or "want" to come up
even with a 15/43 520 conversion and a HRC quick turn throttle i have done full throttle 1st gear launches and both wheels were on the ground.

must be body position

Old 07-01-2007, 03:50 PM

it is partly due to seating position for the driver and as for the extra weight in the back yeah it will definately help with the wheelie situation if youre not careful...........

Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 PM

I have never had the front want to come up on me when I lay on the throttle, but I do sit as far forward as I can and lean toward the front just in case. One of the many mags I subscribe to noted how easy it was to get the 06 1K to pull up at about 9K, so I tend to watch that. I don't' know how to do a wheelie and messing up my brand new bike to satisfy a juvenile desire to wheelie just isn't worth it. . .for now. Next year, I'll try to learn but I'd like to meet someone in my area to run me through it first.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:25 PM

i sit humping the tank also, and i barely get the front to lift at 3/4-full throttle during the last half of 1st and all of 2nd (riding solo).

Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 PM

I don't think you guys are hitting the throttle wide open. In first gear snapping the throttle Allll the way will bring the front end up.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:49 PM

i just got my 061k and if i sit back on the seat and yank the throttle at 5500 it snaps right up. But if you lean forward and don't snap the throttle you should be ok.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM

w3rd on the crowd. sometimes, when i rev pretty high and fast on 1st gear from stop. the front wheels stays on the ground. never tried to wheelie with my bike, though.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 AM

Hello all. I must be doing something wrong.
I have about 3700 miles on my bone stock 06 1000rr and have very seldom (almost never) been able to get through 1st gear, wide open, without the front end coming off the ground. Done this about 100 times from a 25-40 mph roll- on . I’ve tried moving up on tank and modulating the throttle without consistent success. . I have occaisionally been able to accelerate hard in 1st by modulating the throttle, letting the front end come up slightly and try to carry it to red line without the tank slamming me in the chest.

I was able to go wide open in all gears in all other bikes I’ve had before this one. Mastering the acceleration of 1st gear is the one thing that I have not gotten use to on this bike.. .

Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 AM

of course its going to come up if you start moving in first gear and snap the throttle after preloading the suspension.

Quick Reply: wife wants to go fast?