Wheelie balance point??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie balance point??

ORIGINAL: hillnc01

The balance point on my 1000rr is a lot higher than it was on my f4i or my r6. It will scare the hell out of you at first, but once you get used to it, you should be fine. Good luck!
Thats the issue i wheelie the **** outta my friends r6 for about a mile and i dont even feel like ima fall back, but on my 1000rr i know ive been to the balance point a couple times cuase ive felt that point of falling back but it scares the hell outta me

Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 PM

How fast are you going? At a faster speed the BP is droped a bit.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: xRej3cTx

Thats the issue i wheelie the **** outta my friends r6 for about a mile and i dont even feel like ima fall back, but on my 1000rr i know ive been to the balance point a couple times cuase ive felt that point of falling back but it scares the hell outta me
The problem then is you being scared. Not saying it's a bad thing..Hell I'm scared ****less at times when I feel I'm falling back. Just a matter of practice, getting comfortable with the balance point and above all, how much ball power u got lol

Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

um, just a thought.........but wheeling after riding 6 months and on a 1k rr at that, like dwshulty said...i hope this isnt your 1st bike, chief.

as for balance point. i stunted the living hell out of my yfz450 and could wheelie it forever. i knew where b/p was.......and if you can stunt a quad like you say you can, then you shouldnt have to ask where the b/p is. i question whether or not you're even wheeling your buddies R6. i mean, i cant wheelie my F4i for ****, but i know i wouldnt have to ask where the b/p is . if you're rocking **** on a quad, then you know what b/p feels like and WHAT it actually is. no one on here is gonna be able to tell you the exact angle the bike should be at. its something you feel out while covering the rear brake.

all im gonna say now is......

GOOD LUCK, be safe.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 PM

I don't think he is questioning what the balance point is, I think he is wondering why he can't seem to find the balance point as easy as he has in the past on his quad and other bikes he has been on. Like I said, the balance point is much higher on my 06' 1000rr than it ever was on my r6 or my f4i. Take a look on some other sites and see what they have to say. I would look at 1000rr.net and stuntlife.com. Good luckman!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator

I've been told that since honda has started moving to mass centralization, that the weight has also begun to move forward. I would think that this, coupled with bikes getting shorter, could make the BP on bikes much higher than it used to be. I know on both of my 600RR's that BP felt much higher than on my buddies older f4i. Anyone else know anything better?

-Adam

Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hillnc01

I don't think he is questioning what the balance point is, I think he is wondering why he can't seem to find the balance point as easy as he has in the past on his quad and other bikes he has been on. Like I said, the balance point is much higher on my 06' 1000rr than it ever was on my r6 or my f4i. Take a look on some other sites and see what they have to say. I would look at 1000rr.net and stuntlife.com. Good luckman!
The person that has actually helped!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM

OK and what im trying to say is on a ****ing quad there is a wheelie bar!!! and on my 1000 there isnt!!! a quad u fli it several times and keep riding!! a streetbike u flip it and your ****ed!! huge price diffrence from a quad....

And yes this bike is my first streetbike! This is the first motorcycle i have ever ridden! SO? whats your point. with only having 30 minutes ride time TOTAL on a streetbike i was learning wheelies. Experience does help but the rider plays a huge role! I bought the bike right outta the dealer i jumped on the highway doing 100mph. i know what can happen if something goes wrong thats why im asking where more or less the balance point is on my bike...

and the first thing i said was donot post stuff like maybe u shouldnt wheelie!!!!! I ****ING KNOW, MY 10Y/O NIECE TELLS ME THAT!!! I KNOW IM COMING OF LIKE AN ******* BUT B4 I POSTED IN THIS THREAD KNEW THERE WAS GONNA BE MORE NEGATIVITY THAN HELP!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM

you should invest in a cheap stunt bike that has already been beat to hell and have some fun on that..good practice so you dont have to worry about trashing the beautiful 1krr learning.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

#1 The negativity you speak of is actually people trying to look out for you, and your life. It may seem harsh but guess what we have seen it before, and people have really gotten hurt, and i hate to say it even died.

#2 There is absolutely positivly no possible way to explain to you where the balance point on your bike is with a keyboard. We don't know your weight, height, sitting position, sitting, standing, staggered,slid back on the seat, all the way forward, etc. etc. Where it is for me may not be for you, its not a huge window. You cannot possibly get the answer here that you need. Ya just have to find it yourself, i'm sorry to say.

My advice, take the bar off your 4 wheeler and get it wired, do it backwards and blindfolded, get it on dead lock. In the meantime, learn your 1krr, get to know it, learn its tendencies. When you have the 4 wheeler on lock, hop on your 1k, find a backroad and learn yoru wheelies.

Quick Reply: Wheelie balance point??