WHEELEEEEEEEE

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHEELEEEEEEEE

hey everyone how are you all doing? I been riding for almost 2 years now and i want to take my riding experience up to another level.
my question to all of you is how can i do a wheeleeeeeee. please be advise i never done it or even try itbefore so try to explain in plain English. i have a 1k weight about 150 lbs

thank you

Old 05-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHEELEEEEEEEE

Oh it's easy!!.....................buy another bike that you won't mind crashing a couple of times!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 PM

+1 on that.

Take it very easy at first whatever you do. You don't want to loop it, it should not be difficult to do that since you weigh 150 and have a 170+hp motorcycle...

Be carefull!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM

ha man dont feel bad,
ive been riding for 30 years and i dont make it a habitdoing wheelies. just leave it in first gear cover the rear break and start out slow and short then progress on to a little more and when you get that then you can start thinking about changing to 2nd. just keep in mine when the front tire lifts you will be traveling about 55 mph unless you clutch it and bring it up soon.the bad part is if something goes wrong at the end of first gear you will be doing about 97 mph and that is a fast hard crash and things get torn up. be carefull

Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 AM

Forst gear will bring it up easily arond 30. Just hit the gas (not all the way, just about 1/4 to 1/2 twist). The problem is that 1st has a lot of power and you can flip it.

Try second, going about 45mph. Accelerate moderately and WHILE accellerating, tap the cluth in real quick and release. It takes a little getting use to, but it brings it up smoother than 1st gear.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 AM

Agree with that one. BUY ANOTHER BIKE to do that crazyness on. So you will not hurt your ego or your wallet.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 AM

You really haave to have a feel for your bike. Mine will stand up in the bottom three gears with very little effort at all. 1st will give me a roll on wheelie without even trying. 2nd and 3rd you just get a feel for when the tach sweeps 7-9k and the bike starts pulling hard. I have a -1 in the front and the 3rd gear wheelies got a couple feet higher after installing that. Wheelies are never a "good" idea, and I have a friend who just looped a new ZX-10R with a whopping 147 miles on it. I never recommend 1st gear wheelies or clutching up, especially on '06-'07's. 2nd gear power wheelies are much smoother and easier to control. Always....ALWAYS cover the rear brake and keepan eye on your speed. 2nd gear will yield you a"set-down" speed of over a hundred miles and hour, which is aprettyfast when things start to go south.The bottom line is these bikes warrant respect, and if you don't give it to them they will definitely take it. My advice is never gamble what you are not willing to lose.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:57 AM

im not tryin to be rude or any thing .. i swear i dont even care if u do wheelie or not .. . but why u wanna do it.. it doesnt mean cuz ur experienced enough in riding that its time for wheelie....if its about attention .. comon guys we ride a kick *** bike that realy make every one look without even snappin a wheelie at them . my point is .. ride ur bike as it meant to be so u dont feel sorry afterward.... it only takes 2 seconds for the bike to whobble and fall ...jsut be careful...

Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM

: No Comment :
I never tell people to stunt!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM

I've been wheelying for about a year now and honestly all of these guys are right, you will loop your bike..atleast once...we do have an extremely attractive bike so you do not have to wheelie to get attention, but since you do want to learn I would prefer to tell you how to do it the right way instead of letting you go out there and loop it. Instead of giving you a step by step How-To i'm just gonna tell you where to find the information. The first thing you want to do is go buy Kyle Woods and Matt Gorka's "Level X Wheelies Level 1"... I learned how to do wheelies before watching this DVD but it gives you great information such as set up of your bike and riding positions. Don't just watch the DVD and think you're gonna be rocking 12 o'clocks in a day, it takes time, a lot of it and probably a newclutch...watch the DVD and practice practice practice...that's all it takes.