Whats so special about a repsol

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats so special about a repsol

ORIGINAL: hiside
you get to pay more for the same bike and have a lot more people point at you, laugh, and say "look at the poser."
I get a lot of looks, but nobody's pointing and laughing. Now if I wear my fake stick-on mohawk on my helmet, they laugh.
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...Class2/Helmets

Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM

I have always wondered if other riders laugh at me because of my Repsol I can't tell because there always behind me......

Old 01-24-2006, 02:02 AM

Haven't heard any laughter either. So far, numerous other riders have turned around and finally caught up with the Rep at the petro station or the Best Buy when I'm buying elecs... Either way they've always been wide eyed and asking how many were manufactured, where can they get one, and how much.... since they just don't see any of them around. Poser or not, everyone so far has been rather jealous to say the least about the look. Most Suzies age quickly, green is mean but average, Yami's and Honda's have the best graphics.... Too understand why individuals personalize their rides with awesome paint schemes and whatnot - read below! Hiside is green I'm guessing j/k!

In layman's terms. Would you rather have the same shirt, pants, shoes and wristwatch as 3 other guys at the club, or be posing looking slick as James Bond? Good Threads never hurt!

Old 02-16-2006, 12:13 AM

I think the fact that the Repsol stands out is pretty cool, I wouldn't pay the price for a "special edition" bike unless it performed better than it's counterparts. For instance I would pay extra for the new limited edition R1 over the regular R1 b/c it's a better bike. The Repsol is not better than the regular 1000's so I would not pay the extra dough, anybody who says they did not pay more for their Repsol is lying. Paying more for stickers is not my style, but if it's yours then more power to ya! Not hating, just giving my 2 cents

Old 02-20-2006, 06:43 AM

Cant speak for everyone but not everyone likes repsols, ( i love em) iwouldnt pay extra for a few stickers either,
anyways i did get mine for less about 4 grand less as it happens!
it pays to shop around as what u like another may hate the sight of,
and thems the deals that make u

Old 02-23-2006, 02:28 AM

baddest mother ****er on 2 wheels, thats why[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-26-2006, 12:11 AM

"In layman's terms. Would you rather have the same shirt, pants, shoes and wristwatch as 3 other guys at the club, or be posing looking slick as James Bond?"
No, but I don't want to be dressed up like Bozo The Clown, either. FWIW, i've got the faster, all-black color.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Its all the same as my bike. I got the 929 that says Erion Racing on it. Why? Well because I have seen a few 929s in the state, but still have yet to see the one that matches mine. No its not faster, just different. I'm sure everyone that owns a the Repsol version is sitting a little higher in thier chair, (as do I) because thier ride is "limited".
Just my $.02
LJ

Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 AM

I've got nothing but positive looks for my Repsol. I get the same thing. People asking how many were made, how hard it was to find? I also agree that I wouldn't pay more for a special edition bike unless it performed better. That's why I didn't. I paid retail for it, but It took me 3 months to find one where a dealer wasn't trying to juice the price up.

I've heard about guys jacking the price up $500 or maybe $1,200... but 8K?
What the hell??? Are you telling me that dealer is asking $19,000 for that bike? He'll never sell it.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:22 PM

I tell ya whats specials - theres loads of em.... i bought my 1 of a supposed 100 in england, now if theres a hundred then my town bought 8% of em.... in total ive seen around a dozen over 6 months, only seen 1 red 05 one and one black 05 one - makes me wonder if there was some sort of scam going on there - yes there are only 100 repsols but dont tell the dear punters that theres only 20 of each of the others ...smug gits....in any case wouldnt change it for the world - most stunning bike available imo

Quick Reply: Whats so special about a repsol