Whatcha, just joined.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whatcha, just joined.

Hello Peeps,

Just to introduce me, Im James living in Surrey, UK.

Just joined up with the forum after recently part exchanging my 2001 Duke 748S for my new 05 Repsol Fireblade. I have already covered 2300 miles comprising a track day at Brands Hatch, numerous breakfast runs to Brighton and a blast up to see the Moto GP qualifying at Donington.

I have placed all of the sponsor sticker pack on the bike bar one RK chain sticker (didn't want to cut stickers for fairing holes) and I have just bought some No.46's for the front and rear panels a'la 2003 Rossi championship winner. I bought a Yoshi RS-5 Titanium slip-on when I visited Detroit on business recently, this provides a very pleasant noise (don't think the fuzz appreciate it though!) Other mods include the flapper mod (to be tested), double bubble screen (Puig), clear standard indicator lenses, HRC carbon tank pad, HRC rear pillion seat cowl.

RE:

1. Getting your knee down - great front end, absolutely planted with tons of feedback allows you to get those sliders sparking around sweeping right handers, roundabouts and most bends arounds Brands Indy (bar Surtees). The bike feels less twitchy than the Duke on high speed bends as well.

2. Brakes - Seem to pull you up without any issue from any speed. Started to get a little fade when pushing really hard the other morning through Reading on the way up to the GP.

3. Wheelies - Superb, take your pick; 1st off the throttle and snick second on the way up or select 2nd and slightly higher revs and a tug will rideout the gear off the throttle or clutch ion second and snick third on the way down, beautiful Bernard!!

4. Finish - The quality of the bike in comparison to the Ducati is outstanding. No ****les so far apart from a slight stone chip on the front nose piece. The Yoshi makes it look and sound special as well.

The only gripe is that the clocks look like that out of an Austin Maestro, pretty naff but they do exactly what they are supposed to, so who cares. I am now considering getting a PCIII USB and having the whole thing setup on the dyno. I would also consider changing the front sprocket to a smaller one to get a little more drive. Anyone had any experience of this?

Take care all,

Safe riding.
James

'05 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition

Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Default RE: Whatcha, just joined.

Hi James,
Welcome to the boards. Sounds like you are quite happy with your Repsol 1000RR. Glad to hear it. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:21 PM

Howdy

Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 PM

Will get some pics up asap. Have got some nice ones going round Druids at Brands Hatch.

Anyone had the chance to get a dyno printout running with a PC and exhaust? I would like to know what sort of BHP the Fireblade produces with these mods in place. I guess around 150 at the rear wheel is a good approximation?

PS. My tyre wear (Pirelli Diablo Corsas) is superb, even compared to the Ducati which, being a twin gives a more sympathetic power delivery to the tyre. They still look new after 2000 odd miles. Is this normal for these bikes?

Old 07-29-2005, 01:18 PM

I have that same combination of pipe (Yosh RS-5 s/o) and PcIII but have not had it dynoed yet. Hope to soon and will let you know the results. Yes those tires hold great for sure.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:29 PM

i get 3500 miles from a rear bt014 i`ve had 2 pairs
thats fast road riding uk style, the diablos are goin on next