What should I buy, H,K or Y????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I buy, H,K or Y????

Hello all, I know that this is a bias group but i will ask anyway. Is the 1000RR the bike for me and why is it better than Y or K? This is the first sport bike I have had scene 1998 and it was a Ninja 600. I have heard others are faster but, I love the Honda and they say the handling would be better for a novice!!! I would not be interested in the 600cc.I will be buying something within the week. Also, is $9,354.00 + tax too much? Thanks for the help.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Default RE: What should I buy, H,K or Y????

Buy what you want to buy mate, we dont need to talk you into buying a 1KRR because we already know how good they are. All 1 litre bikes are fast enough to rip your arms out so i guess it comes down to build quality finish and how they handle. The Y is a great bike too, and the K doesnt like turning hahahaha buy what you think you will enjoy the most!.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 PM

if you think straight line full throttle riding is RIDING..then 1KRR is not for you. I've had experience with the Yam and the suzuki.. Here I'm talking about the 04 models..R1 04, GSXR K4 and 1KRR. My buddies ride em..

'Stockly' speaking..the R1 will overtake you in 4th gear onwards and you will only be able to tail him all the way to the end...With the GSXR you will have a better chance thou the GSXR will overtake you soon enuf due to higher top end..

Riding height..I find the R1 is the lowest and makes you feel nearer to the ground..1KRR as the highest.

Comfort..1KRR comes up top!! I've made a 900 over KM trip from Singapore to Thailand and NOT EVEN ONCE DO I NEED TO STRETCH OUT MY LEGS..R1 is the worst.

If you ask me..I'll take the R1 cos I like more power rite out of the box but with the 1KRR I have nw with some mods..I have more than enuf power to kick the hell out of these R1s and Gixers out of my way!! * see my dyno nos in my own post*

Afterall this is juz my 2 cents worth..I may not be rite as to the above but trust me, get a 1KRR and you won't regret it!!

Old 09-23-2006, 09:54 PM

Thanks all, Went with the 1000rr. I love it so far!!! Insurance is crazy at 1600.00/yr. WOW. But worth it. Thanks All

Old 09-24-2006, 01:08 AM

I have read other posts that point out "State Farm" for having the cheapest insurance, especially if you have homeowners coverage with them. As for me, I got locked in with an unbelievable rate with USAA (military insuracne company), but now they use Progressive for all of their new policies. Unfortunatley, Progressive is about the most expensive from what I am told. Shop around...