UH OH! BIG PROBLEM W MY 08

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UH OH! BIG PROBLEM W MY 08

last night i was out riding. did about 100 miles. stopped 10miles from my house and filled up. 1mile from my house, when i throttled it it just seemed to not have the power it usually does. when i got it in the garage i just figured it must be a fuel issue and not a big deal. this AM i started it up and WOW did it have a terrible clunk and rattling. it almost made me cry. so i loaded it in my truck and took it to my local Honda dealer. i started it for the cat that runs the place and turned it opp very quickly. he said it sounds like i have dropped a valve. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i have 3100 miles on the 08, all liquid levels were correct and right on spec. i di the 600 miles oil change at a local powersports dealer. he said he will tear the head off next week and see what is wrong. im sooooo very sad. my baby isnt where i can look at her and touch/drive her whenever i want to. fo that matter i cant even go in the garage and clean her. i even bet she is sittin outside having to deal with the sun, wind, rain and birds. i want to rescue her from this hell but i know there is nothing i can do.

i will keep you posted to the problem, the fix, the time frame nd how Honda handles it. Thank god its under warranty, and yes i even bought the extended.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Default RE: UH OH! BIG PROBLEM W MY 08

Ahhh...they'll fix it dude...you're doin great keepin a cool head...let us know.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 PM

im not mad or upset. i know things break. nothing is ever perfect. no sweat. i just hate to be without her........

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets fixed quickly.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM

Bad luck bro, but it's all under warranty, think of how heartbroken you'd be if you had to foot the bill. It'll be back soon!

Old 08-31-2008, 01:15 AM

i should hear something by wednesday

Old 09-02-2008, 05:47 AM

Tbagr, my thoughts and prayers are with you on this one , ok ? I mean my sweet jesus, 3000miles , valves ? Doesn't sound like a Honda product. If that was a HD or a Buell I'd understand it. F'ing Hell my friend. I want to buy an 08 and tour ride across Europe . Got me worried there a little bit. What color scheme did you treat yourself too ? I'll prolly go with the yellow / black cuz all my riding gear is like that...

Philnyc

Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just damn ... sorry to hear that. Valve guide or keeper must've been defective from the beginning. Glad you weren't screaming down the highway when it dropped.

Good luck getting it back ... dealerships just suck so bad at getting things done quickly.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 AM

ok. sorry for the late update. talked to the cat today and here is what he said.....i had a bearing failure in #2 and the rod came apart because of it. motor is all torn apart and parts are on order. honda says this is the first and only problem they have had with any 08 so they are very interested in it. covered under warranty and it will be a couple weeks before all back together.

since engine is apart, im thining of doing cams and air filter. any suggestions on brand or specifics? anyone know what kinda $ is good price for both?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

and i will try to go by the shop and get a pic or two of it torn apart foryou guys to look at.

Quick Reply: UH OH! BIG PROBLEM W MY 08