Two Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two Questions.....

1) why is my clutch fluid much darker than brake fluid, and why does this occur?

2) do you guys think it is dumb/stupid/insane to ride a 1000rr without the use of your right foot, therefore your back brake like i do? Or no big deal?

Note: all awnsers must be in proper essay format with correct spelling.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two Questions.....

ORIGINAL: SirJAG

1) why is my clutch fluid much darker than brake fluid, and why does this occur?
The line it runs thru is right next to the motor (lots of heat), when I put my steel braided line on I ran it on the outside of the frame.
The fluid still looks new

Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM

dont have a clue for the first question but unless u like pullin endos all the time i think ur crazy to ride wit just the front brake. thats just me.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM

The back brake has many purposes, bringing the bike to a complete stop is not one of them. Some people don't use it at all, but I think you'll the more experienced riders use it to adjust the bike in a curve, and for stopping wheelies that have gotten a bit carried away. I also tend to use (lightly) for letting our four wheeled friends in the back knowing that I am slowing down (I am one of those that believes in downshifting); newer riders tend to use too much back brake, while some people don't use it enough....you got to find what works for you, but I would really reommend against no back brake at all....trust me, set you line wrong in a high speed curve and you will be glad you learned how to use it effectively without locking the rear tire.....

Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

and as far as the fluid colors, they are two different fluids...one is brake fluid the other is clutch....really apparent on my new bike as both are new and clean and not exposed to heat yet

Old 06-20-2006, 07:38 PM

both my caps say use Dot4 brake fluid

Old 06-20-2006, 07:51 PM

Different fluids, hence different colour.

I do use my back brake especially on the track where braking as late and hard as possible sometimes makes a real difference and without the back brake you are robbing your self from potentially 25% stopping power. It is also good practice on the road as one day you might just need to do an emergency stop and old habits never dies!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:58 PM

really, i will have to check mine...i thought they would be the same to, but when i asked the dealer about the color difference, he said different fluids

Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 PM

your dealer is really really wrong the fluid in your clutch and brake are exactly the same stuff, dot 4 brake fluid and they are not from a different brand either.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: SirJAG

2) do you guys think it is dumb/stupid/insane to ride a 1000rr without the use of your right foot, therefore your back brake like i do? Or no big deal?

Note: all awnsers must be in proper essay format with correct spelling.
One of my good friends never uses his rear brake. I would'nt say it's stupid or anything. If you don't ride hard or give youself plenty of room to slow down using the front brake is fine. I never used my rear on my GSX-750R and I never had any problems or did any endos.

Quick Reply: Two Questions.....