Two Brothers

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Brothers

I have a new Repsol and am trying to pick the right slip-on to make it even more awsome. Has anybody tried the Two Brothers carbon slip-on yet? It looks realy trick but how does it perform. Their website has a vidio and sound bite. Does a carbon pipe produce less heat than the various metal cans? I would think that they would be much cooler?

Nicky Haydens the man!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Two Brothers

Ya I got the CF 2Bros can -- it sounds and performs great. I don't know about running cooler. It says on the site that you don't want to pull a lot of dyno runs due to heat build up. I've got a sound clip also -- 2Bros.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Micron CF and it seems to run cooler at the can but hotter at the down pipe. It sounds awesome and I get a lot of compliments on sound and looks.

I like the Two Bros pipe four the 1000RR a lot. They even sell a baffle that make is a little quieter if that is what you are looking for. I would have bought that one for my 600RR but they don't show one for it. I later learned that they will make one for the 600RR if you call them directly and tell them what you want. A local rider got one for his 600RR before he totaled it at Track Days. I have a friend who called and asked Two Bros to change out the red band for a black one that is just forward of the rear tip and they did so with no problem.

If my wife who often rides on back thinks my CF Micron is to loud I will put it up for bid on eBay and buy the Two Bros. Even though I like my Micron I kind of hope she doesn’t like it because I like the tip on the Two. Bros. pipe a lot better.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:39 AM

Next question for chainstretcher. Did you have to re-map, add a power commander or anything like that or does it run good just putting on the 2-brothers? What was the most noticable power gain or thrust improvment compared to the stock exhaust and was it worth the big bucks after all?

Thanks guys.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

I didn't add a power commander -- really didn't need it. It's smooth all over the rev range like it is. As far as power gains it's in the 3500-5000 rpm that I noticed the most difference. It's more free revving all over and throttle response is crisper. Plus I've had 2Bros on every bike I've owned because the sound is so low and mellow. So ya, I'd say it's worth the big $$.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:39 AM

I too, installed the two bros after condsidering many others. I got the CF version and I can tell you that after a recent 220 mile trip you can place a bare hand on the can and hold it there without problem....try that with titanium or stainless and you'll be going ot the ER. I like that feature considering it's an undertail system.

The sound is great, not obnoxious and it runs great all over the powerband (I live at 6,000 feet too).

Installation was somewhat easy, the two problems I ran into was getting the pipe fished into the area to connect it and tightening one of the connector-to-can screws once mounted (the instructions tell you to keep everything loose to make sure placement is correct). Also my instructions said to tighten one of the main mounting bolts to only 6lbs. At that point it's still dangling loose so I think it was a misprint. I tightened it until it was good an firm.

I say if you like the looks and sound go for it; quality is great for the price.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:00 PM

Wow, that all sound great. I guess now my only concerns are, what about the oxygen sensor and the exhaust valve. Does it (2 Bros) have a connection for the oxygen sensor or does it get removed? If you remove or unhook it, that will affect how it runs and the gauge will have a code light or somthing on right?
I saw on one of the website an o2 eliminator plug-in, that would be good I guess, if needed.

I want to know every detail before I make a purchase so that I have no surprises and I can put my back back in service quickly and most of all that it runs better and not worse.

Thanks for all your in put. Thats what makes these forums a great resource.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:20 PM

I completely removed the flapper (you have to since there is no provision for it on the new pipe), cables, and servo--very simple to do. I know there are some posts on this site that go step-by-step...I used them and it worked.

No problems with running, no error messages or lights, no sputtering at low rpm. I also dismantled the closure of the ram air system (also posted on this site) but even before I did that I had no problems.

Also, when I installed my pipe I completely removed the rear fender and other junk (integrated turn signals) so I cannot offer advice on reinstalling any of the plastic stuff.

Take care.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:16 PM

The exhaust valve is no problem. I guess my main concern is the oxygen sensor. Isn't there an o2 sensor screwed into the stock muffler. I read somewere that one of the aftermarket slip-ons has a fitting to incorperate it to their unit. Maybe it was the Yoshi?

Did you have to deal with it when you changed your can out?
Anybody?

Old 07-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

No O2 sensor on the 1000RR that I know of. If there was one it would be located at the header at the 4-1 collector not by the up pipe where you hook up a slip on.

Quick Reply: Two Brothers