The Truth about framesliders?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Truth about framesliders?

Hey guys I have a 07' 1000rr and I have read a couple of threads comparing no-cut and cut frame sliders and most of them are discussing this issue for the 08-09 1000rr or the 600rr. I have heard some ppl say that no-cuts are fine for the 600rr but not good on the 2007 1000rr? I have found a lot of conflicting perspective on the topic. My question is which type of sliders do you consider to be better for my model and why? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to get some sliders on my bike ASAP.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no-cuts suck period!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
no-cuts suck period!!!
+1

I spend a lot of time at the track, and every "no cut" slider that I have seen in a crash has broken - that's just my observation, sure, I bet others have seen some where they haven't broken, but I think they were just lucky! Some of the hollow sliders have broken. The two piece style with a solid puck (like Vortex and Woodcraft) hold up the best.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 PM

I agree, I have 600 and a 1000RR, and the frame sliders saved my 600 when I took a spill. I live and believe in them. I use Vortex frame sliders on my bikes. They are a little bit more expensive but worth every cent.

Last edited by Stephens; 03-12-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I have never had an opportunity to ride at the track (I hope I do at some point) so all of my riding is done on the street I spoke with someone at https://www.bike-design.com/home.php and this is what they told me about their no-cuts.

"We've had many good reactions to our no-cut frame sliders, also to those for your Fireblade. We've sold about 300 sets of this specific kit and never received a single complaint so we have faith in it.

If you're a street rider with stock fairings, I'd advise you to go for the
no-cut frame sliders. You OEM fairings cost a lot and will severely decrease
in value if you make holes in them. If you're a trackday rider or you have a
race fairing, then you can take the race protection. They require drilling
holes, but they're cheaper.

When it comes to reliability, both score excellently. We develop our no-cut
sliders from scrap so that each bike has a specific kit, which optimises the
rigidity of the mounting brackets. The kit for your Blade has short and
thick mounting brackets with only a few inches between each mounting point.

This makes it very strong, even when you'd go down pretty hard...
So it's up to you... Stock fairing --> no-cut sliders, race fairing --> Race
sliders... That's what I'd do..."

So he got me thinking about the value of my bike if I cut into my OEM fairings. I'm sure he was just trying to sell his product but it seems like there no-cuts are pretty good. I really don't want to cut them but my #1 Priority is the overall longevity of my bike. I really love this bike I will probably never sell it. What do you guys think about bikedesign sliders? I know everyone will probably stick to their guns and say NEVER buy no-cuts but I had to ask about this specific brand.

Last edited by Trey242002; 03-12-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: left a few things out
Old 03-12-2010, 08:31 AM

Do not buy cheap frame sliders. Invest in some vortex/woodcraft. You'll thank all of us later.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 AM

Yea if I was selling pos no-cut sliders I'd tell you all those lies too.

No-Cuts SUCK!!!

Anyone that knows bikes wont think a set of good cut sliders take away value of a bike. Only bling blingers!!!

And never heard of bikedesign!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Yea if I was selling pos no-cut sliders I'd tell you all those lies too.

No-Cuts SUCK!!!

Anyone that knows bikes wont think a set of good cut sliders take away value of a bike. Only bling blingers!!!

And never heard of bikedesign!
+1 to all of PG's comments. This dude is a salesman, do you expect to dog his own product?

Anyone who knows bikes will recognize frame sliders on a bike as a good thing, definitely not something that takes away from a bike's value.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:16 AM

I've never heard of them.

Structurally, a straight bolt is always stronger than anything that has angles or bends to it. IMHO, to claim no-cuts are just as strong just can't be so.

I guess it really depends on whether you are willing to sacrifice the amount of protection difference (which could be significant) for the cosmetic differences and the ease of installation by not having to cut fairings.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 AM

Well thanks for all the input guys. My mind is definitely made up. Cuts seem to be the best way to go. I love my bike and I want to do everything I can to protect it. Alot of you guys are saying the Vortex and Woodcraft sliders work pretty well so Im going to check them out. Thanks again

Quick Reply: The Truth about framesliders?