Track Days - Stop with the excuses

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Days - Stop with the excuses

To allthose guyswho are hesitant to get some track time in just bite the bullet or the wife and get it done. Ifound every excuse in the book not to put my 1K on the track but I've decided to spank my speed demonsNov 2007 in Homestead FL the cost is $250 for the day. I was full of excuses ranging from I did not want to damage my fairings toI'm waitingto buy a used 06 600rr for track only (which I still plan to do). Life is too short and riding is too sweet. I'm starting now on my 06 1Krr, if I damage the bike hey at least I'm doing what I enjoy. It does not make sense speeding on the road even though it is hard not to.I was toldthat the school at the track will teach mehow to ride the 1krrthe way it supposed to be ridden. To be honest I have been riding for years but it is only whenI graduated to the 1K that I realized my riding form was not the best. My only regret is that I missed the entire season Nov 30 is the last day. I will post up and let the forum know how it went. The honda store in my area gave me some good links to the track school. Man I am so flippingexcited.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Default RE: Track Days - Stop with the excuses

I live in Miami.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Tracking is expensive and hard on bikes. Plus, you need good gear and a few maintenance items before and after. Cost is a lot of what keeps people away. It is a good place, however, to get out those speed demons. I wish I could afford to go, but I can't pay for something serious going wrong on my bike and insurance won't cover it at the track.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Tracking is expensive and hard on bikes. Plus, you need good gear and a few maintenance items before and after. Cost is a lot of what keeps people away. It is a good place, however, to get out those speed demons. I wish I could afford to go, but I can't pay for something serious going wrong on my bike and insurance won't cover it at the track.
you have the wrong insurance then because i have state farm and i specifically asked them about track use and according to my rep as long as i am at a "track school" i am covered. it is not until i race for money, prizes, professionally that they wont cover it.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:46 PM

I have Progressive. You said schools, but does that include open track days beyond just schools?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM

I too just registered for my first track day with a buddy of mine. We've been riding for several years as well and went to watch one weekend and after that, had to sign up. It looked insane, plus like you guys have mentioned, you can get those speed demons out without having to worry about the cops. Everyone says you learn so much, our track days here is 15 minutes of class time where you learn what you apply on the track for the next 15 and so on throughout the day...

Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I have Progressive. You said schools, but does that include open track days beyond just schools?
i dont do open track days so i didnt ask. IMO open track days doesnt do a lot for someone who doesnt already have a race license and is running in the top levels.
practice doesnt make perfect, it makes habit and often bad habits.

to run without a compentent instructor watching and giving advice is just asking for trouble because you develop bad habits that may put you on your *** as you get faster and faster.

not directed towards you in particular but just as a general statement

Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 AM

I agree with baxsom, we have a couple of guys that ride with us that go to open track days alot. They are the worst riders out of the 15 that ride. Those two guys picked up alot of bad habits from the open track days. They ride on the street like they are on the track(not good). Dangerous to themselves and us riding with them. They are so dangerous, we try not to call them when wego riding now.

Quick Reply: Track Days - Stop with the excuses