+too much power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: +too much power?

yea the test rides are alittle bit harder to get out by me, u basically have to be in the process of owning the motorcycle before u can take it out. Yea i really want to upgrade to the 1K RR just because i really love how it feels, i was hesitant at first only because alot of my buddies that own 600's told me it was gonna be too much bike and everything but now hearing peoples opinions that actually own the 1K then i believe i would be more comfortable on it.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:28 AM

I'm 5'5" and 136lbs.... I've rode 600's for a while, but it wasn't a rush; or half the fun... I love the 1krr, it handles a little worse, but whats the fun in it; if it can't get away from you.... And who ever said you can't go over a 100 in a turn.... I do it everyday...

Old 08-25-2006, 02:15 PM

Nevaeh,

Love that byline. Byline of the month that is.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:43 PM

Get the 1000, you'd really have to do something stupid for it to get away from you and the extra torque makes it easier to ride on the street.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:15 AM

i would like a reply from cbrrookie,
i had a 2003 600rr and i rode it just until this year when the 2006 1000rr came out. i dont understand what you mean when you say the 1000rr wants to stand back in a corner. they changed the rake on this bike and inverted the forks and changed the weight to correct the problem of wash out but not wanting to stand back up in a corner. i no on my bike that if you enter a corner correctly and counter steer that the thing is rock solid no wanting to stand back up. to be closer on the quote the 1000rr will stay in a corner better then my 600rr would not because it is a 1000rr but because of the changes they made it is a better bike then the 2003 600rr was.now for the gentlemen needing to no if it would be to much bike for him ( dang ) it is to much bike for all of us if we all told the truth. anything that will do 0-60 under 4 seconds is to much but man are they fun. go ahead and get the 1k if you like the 600 you will love the 1000rr.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:29 AM

i appreciate everyones replies, i realize that alot of people say that you should slowly move up from lower bikes, meaning you should start on 500, then go to a 600, then to a 750, and then if you really want to go to a 1K, well i only think thats true if you really understand how the rider is and how much they respect the motorcycle. I personally think anyone should be able to get what they can afford, also if u cant be responsible with the amount of bike u have then u should get a smaller bike.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: brancart1

if u cant be responsible with the amount of bike u have then u should get a smaller bike.
Fair enough.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM

I'm am glad to see that this time around this conversation hasn't gotten ugly, although I really think that this whole topic should be taboo. Respecting your motorcycle should go without saying, there isn't any bike that i know of that doesn't garner a certian amount of respect, simply put, our sport is dangerous. When choosing a new scoot, it almost always boils down to personal preference, and what you can afford. Most of us, at least those of us that are not pro riders and are honest, own bikes that are more capable than we are. Everyone has their opinions, some are based on fact others on speculation. Facts are simple, if its a CBR its more than likely fast, and they all handle well. 600 or 1krr....honestly, buy the bike you feel most comfortable on, the 600 is a great bike, and the 1krr isn't the monster that people make it out to be. Both require practice to ride well. And just remember you can be a squid on any bike, the faster the bike though, the faster you crash.....good luck and let us know what you get.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:47 PM

Az1000rr +1. I am definately for sure getting the all black 06 1KRR. Yea it might be alot more power than im used to, and yea its gonna take me time to get used to that power. But the one thing that i really dont like to hear is that you basically have to be a professional rider to get the liter bike. It shouldnt be said like that, if you have any kind of throttle control, and self control then you can ride anything. Yea you may not be able to ride it to its fullest abilities at first, but thats why you upgrade in the first place, so that way when u do get the bigger and faster bike, your whole state of mind goes back to when u jumped on your first 600. you basically have to learn how to ride a completely different bike. Skill comes with time.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND GO TO THE SHOP AND GET THAT BIKE ALREADY AND TELL ME HOW IT FEELS MANG>>>>TAHOE COMMANDS IT!

Quick Reply: +too much power?