Tail Bag Recommendations Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Bag Recommendations Please

Happy Holidays. New to this forum, been reading for some time and decided to sign up. Not that the CBR1K is designed for luggage but it would be nice to put a small tail bag on the bike for a baseball hat and a couple of other small things. Anyone have a recommendation on a passenger seat tail bag that fits nicely on a CBR1K?

Old 12-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Tail Bag Recommendations Please

I don't have any personal experience, but I've been eyeing this one. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has any experience with this or another one. I know most people are going to say get a back pack, and I've gone that route, but for extended periods of riding, that got uncomfortable.

Anyway... here is a link to what I've been looking at: http://www.newenoughhp.com/tour_mast...l_bag_page.htm

The tail bag can be expanded to hook up with some saddle bags too if you ever feel the need.

Oh, and welcome aboard. Post up some pics of your bike when you get a chance. Show her off a little.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been eyeing up the same one, just looking for someone that has tried it, or something else. I agree with the backpack, I don't like anything on me besides my gear when riding. Pics coming soon.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:49 PM

Ha ha! We both want to find someone else that has already bit the bullet first!

Someone has to have bought this and tried it. Maybe they'll jump in the thread and give us their words of wisdom soom.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back packs are not only uncomfortable they can be dangerous in an accident. I don't have any experience with Cortech but I think thirdgenlxi (Jared) from this forum has used'em quite a bit on his 70k f4i and last time I asked him, if I remember correctly, I think he was pretty satisfied with them except for a little quality problem in the stitching.

I personally have used the Joe Rocket "Velocity" tail bag for 4 years and have zero complaints and would recommend it ... esp. if the 1k has a flip up rear seat like the 954 cuz I just flip up the seat and strap mine to it in seconds. It was inexpensive too, back when I purchased it new it was about $65 and after 4 years still looks brand new.

no wind drag (sloped), straps on and off on tail in seconds, water resistant, holds more than you need to carry, doubles as back pack when off the bike ... and I use it to rest my back against at stop lights

p.s. the graphics are reflective for additional night time safety

Old 12-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A backpack saved my friends life in an accident. He hit a curb with his back, and if not for his laptop computer and a couple books taking the impact directly, he would have either died or have been paralised. But there are instances where it could be dangerous to have one on, but I feel naked without mine.

I have a Ogio 1950 riding pack. Extremely comfortable, Honda riders get a huge discount on them, and they look awesome. I commute to work and school with this pack, and I've fallen in love with it. It takes a few days to get used to though. If you ride without a pack for too long, you get used to having no weight on your back, so when you finally do have to start wearing a pack, you hate it at first. - But I'll never part with my backpack. (much less a tank or tail bag.).......but that's just my two cents. (anyone want to guess how much it's at now? lol.)

Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 AM

I have the Icon Squad pack and love it. It zips up the front like a jacket and all the weight is put on your chest instead of the tops of you shoulders.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:03 PM

I have been using the Cortech Sport system for 3 years.

The Sport Tail bag "lives" on my 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300 (25,000 miles) for daily errands.

But I rode from New Jersey to Canada for a 4 day trip on my CBR 600 F4i using the Sport Tail and Saddlebags system. It rained for two of the four days and the 'shower cap' rain covers that come with the bags kept my gear safe and dry while I was zipping along at 80 mph.

The bags easily attach to the passenger seat and remove just as easily.

A good looking and good choice.

Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Sandy

Old 12-31-2006, 12:05 PM

Hi this picture is from a trip to Isle of Man in June. It works fine put it on in five min and of in two.
Didnt exceed 200km/h . But it is like little passenger. I used it on the bike about 900km.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:14 PM

See picture in my photo album. And HAPPY NEW YEAR all CBR 1000 riders and everybody else to

(I put the pic here to make it easier to see.)

Quick Reply: Tail Bag Recommendations Please