Sport Rider Mag. Liter bike Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Rider Mag. Liter bike Shootout

Well, I finally got the newest Issue of Sport Rider magazine today. And, as I pretty much figured, the Honda came up short yet again on the Liter Bike Shoot out.I Can't believe some of the numbers they come up with. The Peak Horse Power on the 08' was 5 horse power less than what they showed for my 06' two years ago. 158.8 versus 153.9. But, I know those Dyno's are effected by a lot of factors. And, they complained about the suspension of the 08' to be "flighty". Thats a first. Every other test I have read about from other Magazines raved about the CBR's suspension. They alsosaid that the instrument cluster was hard to read. I don't know. I guess the editors just don't like Honda or someting. They will find something wrong regardless. The ZX-10R was the best in "Their Opinion".

Old 05-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Sport Rider Mag. Liter bike Shootout

What was the hp for the others? Funny how EVERY test so far raved about the Honda!

Old 05-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Sport Rider, anItalian mag, and a Spanish mag picked the ZX. About 10 othershootouts picked the CBR.

BTW,

RoadRacingWorld > SportRider

Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the ONLY one I heard the CBR not winning lol.

This one the CBR wins, tho not my favorite site..........
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-78761.html

Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Just read the mag review and they also mentioned that the CBR puffed smoke on downshifts. They also mentioned that it was weak on the top end. I wish they would have tested a UK model. The result could have been different.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ I would tend to think if they dumbed down the usa Honda numbers they probably do it for all of them............

Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 PM

I said something about this sometime ago. I don't want to make anyone mad. Cause last time that I said something people on the forum got worked up. What I cant understand is even before the 08 cbr 1000 came out people was saying how good of a bike it is, even before they knew anything about it. Its so much hype behind the 08(don't get me wrong I'm not putting it down). But look at the numbers when the 06 came out not only was it making more stock power but it dry weight is lighter. Leave theUK bike out of this we are in the US I could care less about their bikes.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Camm 1st you do realize we have a lot of peeps on this site from over seas, so it is relevant to mention uk bikes.

I also agree with you about the hype. Most of the Mags that do these reviews are biased, whether its brand, who pays the most for the review, or its seems mostly whomever brings out the new model wins. As far as the bike goes, its the newest latest greatest thing, like an I phone or PS3, some people are just gonna buy it so they can say they have it, whether its a p.o.s. or not. Then even if it is they are gonna defend it to the death.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Camman

I said something about this sometime ago. I don't want to make anyone mad. Cause last time that I said something people on the forum got worked up. What I cant understand is even before the 08 cbr 1000 came out people was saying how good of a bike it is, even before they knew anything about it. Its so much hype behind the 08(don't get me wrong I'm not putting it down). But look at the numbers when the 06 came out not only was it making more stock power but it dry weight is lighter. Leave theUK bike out of this we are in the US I could care less about their bikes.
I think the 06 looks worlds better, the hp may not be that of the 06 n it may be a tab heavier. But the 08 out performs (by the test I seen/read) and the ppl I know who have owned both love the 08 n say how much better it is than their 06 was. Think a few said the 06 had more bottom end punch to it but the 08 was alot smoother.

I dunno I never rode either n most likely never own a 1k myself.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:58 AM

Iremember looking at some of the catagories that Sport Rider rated the bikes on. Overall the Honda came in second. It scored like a 90.2 versus a 92.3 or something for the Kawi. Sorry, I don't have the magazine in front of me at the moment to give the exact scores. But, Ido rememberthey ranked the Honda lowest in Quality (8.9)and the fun to ride factor(8.8).I'ts hard for me to see the Honda being lowest in quality. I saw one in person a few weeks ago at the Honda House. Even though the styling may not appeal to all, it still seemed to be built just a well as any Honda I have seen. I guesswhen they say"quality", they mean more than just the construction of the bike. But, anyway, I just think Sport Riders opinion is biased also. I have been reading it for five years now and Suzuki haswon nearly everytime up until this year and 04' ,when Kawi won that year also. One year they say the Honda is so easy to ride and has such smooth power but, just doesn't feel "seat of your pants"Gixxer fast. Then the next year they say the Honda is making so much power, but isn't as easy to rideas the previous Honda'sanymore. WTF!!.....haha

Quick Reply: Sport Rider Mag. Liter bike Shootout