So I got my 1000RR

Old 03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got my 1000RR

Well yesterday I picked up my all black 2008 1000RR

So far this bike is incredable. It rides better then my F4i ever did. I'v been riding for 8 years now and this is by far the best bike I have ever sat on. If you were considering it, pick it up.

First off go look at these bikes even the ugly color schemes look great in person, I thought I was going to puke when I was looking at honda.com and checking them out but they are quite nice IRL.

Some Pros' and Con's on the bike so far.

First impression of the looks the special edition black looks absolutly amazing. They even went so far as to black out the pasanger pegs and rearsets black to match the bike. It looks sick.

The bike is quite light and I havent dirven it past 6k RPM's yet but I can already tell the low RPM's pull faster then any 1000 I have ever ridden.

I started here up and was a little disapointed. The engine at idol just sitting there kinda sounds, well.. cheap. the only thing I can describe the sound of the engine is it reminds me of a korean made pocket bike that's about to fall apart from being abused. However once the bike is moving even 1 inch it picks up and sonds like a normal sportbike so it doesn't bother me quite that much just giving you the heads up it's diffrent.

I did one small wheele in 2nd gear w/o ever going past 4k rpm's with no clutch was intrestingly fast.

The bike suspention is amazing, the only way i can describe how this bike goes over bumps and ruts in the road is that if you've ever driven a lowerd sports car and hit a bump, that kinda feels like most sportbikes, this bike feels like a SUV with huge suspention, it's great it feels so nice.

The side exhaust is a mixed blessing.
First, I like the way it looks. To me it reminds me of a shotgun or cannon out of Unreal Tournament or somthing, its cool! so the looks I like, Im sure some of you dont but hey thats what aftermarket is for. But, heres the Pro's and the Con's of it.
1)the exhaust sounds just like evey stock pipe, as in you can't really hear it at all. However, once you hit 50MPH or 5k RPM's *it's around that* the double valve opens up on it to give you more exhaust escaping when you are at higher speeds. When this happens the sound changes dramaticy. It goes from the stock sound which isint much at all, to a VERY low Very loud tone, IMO it sounds Exactly like most Two Brothers Racing pipes and it sounds Awesome. Very very nice sounding once you hit this and it is autable on your bike on the freeway with a full face helmet on you can sit there and enjoy the tone of your pipe.
2)My right foot gets kinda hot. I'v notcied that the exhaust heats up the right side rear set, not to the point of burning at all, but if you touch it with your hand you can only hold your finger there for about 4 seconds before you let go. Riding for an hour or so makes your right foot noticably hotter then your left. It's not painful by any means but i'd say a tad short of uncomfortable.

Helmet lock. As far as I can tell there isint one ! [:@]

The tail although is smaller then any other bike besides buells pretty much, has plenty of space under it. I can really fit two full water bottles in it. or my gloves, or whatever else I need to.

Looks: 9
Handling: 9
Suspention: 10
Motor: 8
Exhaust: 7
Overall: 9

Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Default RE: So I got my 1000RR

Nice man, the 08 definately grew on me. I'd like to pick one up if I could afford one lol.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM

What did you pay for the black one?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what pipe do u plan to put on her..after the brakin period..

Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 AM

this is definitely going to be my next bike..but i have made a promise to myself that the next bike i get is going to be a cash payment..let's see when that happens..

Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM

That Black 08is bad to the bone! I just checked out a yellow one here in Amarillo...All I can say is I want one.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:24 PM

The 1000RR is my next bike, congrates

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Nice write up rojer. Congrats on the new bike.
Can't wait to see the mods you have planned for it.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I have no idea about any mods I'm going to do to the bike, I even like the exhaust alot now so i'm not sure ever what to look for in an exhaust. not to mention the slipper clutch I forgot to mention is amazing you can bang it down into first gear in a turn going pretty slow and the bike feels like you downshifted at a stop no rear wheel spin at all.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM

true/..about the slip clutch..felt the beauty of it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So I got my 1000RR