slip on vs full system

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on vs full system

is it werth getting a slipon instead of a full system. Are the power gaines a lot diffrent. from pete in scottsdale

Old 06-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: slip on vs full system

3-6hp for a good slip on....

hell 10-17hp for a full system, with a custom map (pc3).

but with a slip on you dont need a pc3, with full its required, you will run way to damn lean without it.

300-600 dollars for slip on

1299-1799 plus 299 for full system / pc3

if you gots lots of money/dont care go for the full system and stuff. thats what i did with my 954. got 150hp and 75torque, was reall impressed with that. stock it was 136/69.

but if money is a concern dont do it man, your stock 2006 1000RR has 149-155hp, thats a lot man, most of us dont ever ride at the level required to even hit thoses numbers. and really dirving around town all you really notice is the torque, and the full system wont really add that much where you do most of your city driving.

all things considered, i put about 3K in my 954 and it was a fast damn bike, will i do that again to my new one....no

ask me in a few years though..... prolly.

hope that helps, let us know what you decide.

james

Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 AM

Thanks sirjag You are right. I loaded a 04 sv650s with all the goodies and than traded it on this bike and lost all I had. Iwish I had kept the the power comander though.Dam that was dumb

Old 06-27-2006, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: SirJAG

but with a slip on you dont need a pc3, with full its required, you will run way to damn lean without it.
Although it's not needed I recommend it. I have a Two Brother's slip on and there is a hole from no throttle to throttle that the power commander would fix. Like I said if you don't mind it not being tuned smooth then you don't really need it.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Sir Jag is right on the money. The comment someone else made with regard to running lean with a slip on without the PC is really dependent on which bike you have. the 1krr does not need, nor benefit from a power commander (without a custom map) with a slip on. The bike runs very rich from the factory and does not run lean after the install of the slip on. That said, the PC is required for almost any additional mods you may do, and a custom map benefits any bike, even all stock. You made mention of wishing you'd have kept your pc from the sv650...wouldn't have done you any good unless you were putting it on another sv650; pc's are specific to the bike as they are all programmed differently for each model and that level of programming cannot be corrected with a custom map.

If you are looking to make your bike faster, then a full system is definitely the way to go. Not only do you gain more horsepower than a slip on, you also significantly reduce the weight of your bike, and we all know that hp per pound is what really determines how fast a bike is (and yes before someone says it, of course rider skills is key). Just make sure that your decision is based on what you need and intend to do with the bike. For me, my 06 is already fast enough for me from the factory, but just way too quiet, hence a slip on with give me the sound I want, and the few extra hp and slightly lower weight will be an added benefit. If I were build this bike for track days, drag racing, etc, the full system, air filter and pc3 would have been my first mods. Good luck to you on your new scoot, post some pics and let us know what bike you got.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 PM

Strickn you are exactly right. I have a Two Brothers carbon on my 06, and i needed the pc3 to correct the throttle response, it didn't feel good on the 0 to 3000 rpm pull off, I also have BMC filters on my bike. I know everyone here is saying you don't really need a pc3 with a slip on, even some of the experts say it. But it really depends on the slip on you are getting, and how you want the bike to feel after you put it on. Alot of riders like to here their pipes so they always pull off hard, if that's the case you don't need the pc3, but if you want the bike to feel almost like the stock set up when you pull off you will need the pc3. Trust me!

Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 PM

For thous who did full system on a 2005. How much weight do you lose when going with a full Titanium system?

DuubellR

Old 06-27-2006, 10:06 PM

I have the 06 Yellow and blue - It really feels dead below 3k and I find myself shifting to second pulling away from a light and turning soas not to get the abruptness half way through the corrner. will the pc correct this botton end bog?

Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 AM

U bet it will...If possible get a custom map. Cost you more thou..

Old 06-28-2006, 01:01 PM

The pc will definetly cure the bottom bog, if mapped correctly.

Quick Reply: slip on vs full system