Slip-on Exhaust Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 09:09 AM
|
Default Slip-on Exhaust Recommendation

Yes I am a newbie, I have done some searching and found some polling type threads but it seems everyone has a different slip-on exhaust. I bought a 2007 1000rr totally stock with only 2000 miles on it last summer. I'm 43 and just got back on a sport bike for the first time since I was 22. Need I say things have changed a bit! Anyway, the bike has enough power, I don't intend on racing, but I would like a little more quality sound out of it. Looked at several different options Akrapovic, Scorpion, 2 Bros, Yosh Rs-5, Erion racing, Arata, Leo Vince SBK, Arrow, and more. It would be nice to be able to hear them all in person but we all know that isn't possible. I want some kick to it (make it worthwhile) but not so loud the cops are waiting for me at the entrance to my subdivision. Sitting here in Iraq at the moment daydreaming about getting home this May/June to ride and do some mods. Plan on a fender eliminator, license plate relocation, frame sliders, integrated taillight and this exhaust. Wondering if anyone had tried a few of these and could point me in the right "slip-on" direction. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-11-2009 | 04:20 PM

I have a yoshi RS-5 carbon fiber on mine and its pretty loud, to me it sounds perfect. I had an FMF Titanium which sounded great nice and throaty and really deep but it sits crooked like the original arata did, I also had a scorpion which sounded and looked good but I wanted a crabon fiber pipe an dthe yosh looked good to me. if you go on youtube you can hear alot but my yosh sounds like a formula 1 car. crisp, not raspy.

Old 02-12-2009 | 05:15 AM
|

Thanks Stunttin! Unfortunately I am in Iraq and our military server blocks youtube among many other sites. In fact I am fortunate to even get to this! I am seriously leaning towards an Akrapovic based on some other threads I have read here. I am still open to more advise and experiences however.

Old 02-12-2009 | 07:12 AM
Default My 2 cents

First of all...Thanks for your service, you guys make us proud!

2nd, I'd recommend the Two Brothers slip-on for 3 reasons:

1- very nice looking pipe, and it doesn't stick out too far.
2- they sell 2 exhaust tips that allow you to reduce the size of the outlet thus lowering the dbs. I bought both tips, $32 a pc., and would only recommend buying the 95db, it does make a big difference! the thing is you need to call their parts department and request it because they don't advertise it. they actually called me to inform me of it, otherwise I wouldn't have known. but there is little difference between the 2 tips, only difference is the slash cut tip looks better! the other is a straight cut which doesn't match the shape of the exhaust. but if you have the extra money, go ahead and order both, but also order an extra set of cap screws in the event you strip one. I've already stripped 2 and need to order more. they also sell different color screws.
3- it sounds awesome! I think it has that quality sound your lookin for. deep down low then wakes up nicely. when I first installed mine and took her out, I was like "Oh my God this is way too loud, the neighbors are going to be pissed!". it echoed like I was in the Grand Canyon! but after trying the other tips, I took them back out cause I thought they were a little too quiet. but if I ever get any complaints or tickets, I won't need to get a new exhaust, I'll just throw a tip in it.

Good luck on your decision and hope ya have a safe flight home!

Old 02-12-2009 | 11:03 AM
|

Dragginazz thanks for the advice and the suggestions on the tips. I have a couple of months to make up my mind and get my order in. Won't be home until late May (good riding weather in Cincinnati by then!). Going to narrow things down to a couple options then watch for a good deal on the net. Still learning the ropes on best suppliers for exhausts, fender eliminators, integrated tail lights and some frame sliders. I'll be on here watching. Thanks for your response.

Old 02-12-2009 | 12:57 PM
|

Anyone have a Leo Vince SBK Factory EVO II Slip-on Exhaust? Just another option I saw surfing the threads and checking around on the net. Thoughts on the Leo vs. Akrapovic vs. Two Brothers or Arata?

Old 02-12-2009 | 06:46 PM

i will always say Sato becuase they make great power, and that is what i have. however they are no longer made in just a slip-on. so i suggest Arata. they sound great and still make good power. my buddy has one on his 04 and i like it because it is not quite so loud, but still makes respectable power.

but if it is going to make noise it better make power. no reason to just annoy everyone else on the street.

Old 02-13-2009 | 10:24 PM
|

Anyone have a KR tuned carbon fiber? Curious as to their quality and sound versus some of the others. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2009 | 05:54 AM

Blueflame shorty Carbon, check youtube and here

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/

Old 02-15-2009 | 11:30 PM
|

Thanks for the responses. Still undecided though. I am all over the place. I want more quality sound than my stock but not over the top. Seems like a lot of forums lean toward Akrapovic, LeoVince, and Termignoni for quality exhaust and Two Bros, Jardine and Taylormade if you want loud, and Yosh if you want sound that is inexpensive. Still looking and learning.

Quick Reply: Slip-on Exhaust Recommendation