Single peice front fairing set?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single peice front fairing set?

hey guys i recently laid my 2006 k down a few times, and now i am getting the whole fairing set unpainted, for custom paint job. My question is....should i get the single peice or the traditional fairing style? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true Also, are there any down sides to getting the single peice fairing? Thanx guys for any feedback!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Default RE: Single peice front fairing set?

the reason you were able to lay it down a few times and still keep on going is because of the superior quality of the OEM plastics
i strongly doubt aftermarket plastics can take a licking & still keep on ticking

if its still aftermarket that you want then get the single piece so that you'll have fewer issues getting it on and making it fit

bTW call 828-252-2280 & ask Brad for hsi price before you buy off eBay

Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 AM

never thought about the toughness, but there is no way i can get a deal close to that with the oem plastic, since i have to replace ALL of my fairings. thanks for the suggestion and number, and also, would i have a problem with the single peice, getting it through the front wheel to put it on? thanks.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM

If you want E-Bay plastic , go fancy
Res. from 1000RR.Net bought a set .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/After...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM

You can find Used OEM sets for around that price no problem.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 PM

really? wehre would i find the oem ? should i just keep waiting on ebay? or are tere online stores that would do that?
And thanx for the link oden.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Dammm for the price you are willing to pay for the single you can get a FULL SET. $715 otd including shipping. Receiving in a couple weeksName:  repsolnewyearsride07001.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  131.5 KB

Old 03-02-2007, 05:15 PM

thats not the price of a single its teh price of the whole set, but my delema is not knowing if i should get the single peice front fairing that comes in the set or the 3 peice. thats why i was asking where people heard of OEM plastic being as cheap as the ebay stuff that is about 500 for the whole set that comes with the3 peice front fairing or the 700 for the set with hte one peice.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: blkmrkt_lung

never thought about the toughness, but there is no way i can get a deal close to that with the oem plastic, since i have to replace ALL of my fairings. thanks for the suggestion and number, and also, would i have a problem with the single peice, getting it through the front wheel to put it on? thanks.
no way of telling you for sure since i haven't tried out Cheetah's 1-piece skins
but if you do, and you can't take the front wheel off ... maybe it'll slide in from the top ?

ya can also take MGA_ODEN's advice & buy from the eBay sellers outta Hong Kong
just be warned that everyone DOES NOT have great experiences w/fitment & quality of the plastics

1000rr.net folks have complained that shipping times are slow, the paint job is bubbly & sloppy @ times, fairing tab holes need to be widened, panels don't line up properly ... so its entirely upto YOU. It's your choice & your money. And in the case of plastics (OEM or aftermarket) you get what you pay for.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM

yea very GP i will get the two piece.. dont wanna go find out the hard way that its a hastle, plus if it came 2 piece OEM, there has to be a reason for that. Also, i will keep my purchases domestic, and spend a lil more and do some probing with the seller to insure propper fitting. thanx everyone ur help is greatly appreciated!