riding position/comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding position/comfort

Can you more experience guys shed some light on getting comfortable on the 1000RR. I just bought a new one, love it, but my arms and back are very sore from riding - only an hour in the am and now an hour in the pm. Does one get used to this position? I've only had this for new bike for two days...

I normally ride an upright BMW RT but it can't corner very well in the twisties by my home in Oakland CA. I love the way the 1k handles.

Advice is much appreciated,

Milt

Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: riding position/comfort

Start using you legs more to grip the tank and take some of the weight off your upper body. Keep you elbows down and tucked in so you don't use them for support as much. It will take some time to remember this, but your sore hands and arms will remind you.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 PM

yeah use legs, especially if you start to feel pain in your groin..if your back is getting sore, i usually let go of left hand bar and kind-of put it on my hip, this takes stress off the back and puts it more on the legs. I will also just lay on the tank (kind-of uncomfortable at first) but you will find a position you kind-of like..

Keep you elbows down and tucked in so you don't use them for support as much
agreed - always have your elbows pointing down, not out or they will be holding support

it does take some time to get used to riding, like execrising - your gonna get sore from the first work-out, but your muscles will strengthen in time. but you figure out all the tricks when you ride it for awhile..

don-collins has legs of steel, he crushes watermelons with those thighs muhaha

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Retired Administrator

I owe it all to my thigh master Susan Summers sold to me....

Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

yeah use legs, especially if you start to feel pain in your groin.. if your back is getting sore, i usually let go of left hand bar and kind-of put it on my hip, this takes stress off the back and puts it more on the legs. I will also just lay on the tank (kind-of uncomfortable at first) but you will find a position you kind-of like..

Keep you elbows down and tucked in so you don't use them for support as much
agreed - always have your elbows pointing down, not out or they will be holding support

it does take some time to get used to riding, like execrising - your gonna get sore from the first work-out, but your muscles will strengthen in time. but you figure out all the tricks when you ride it for awhile..

don-collins has legs of steel, he crushes watermelons with those thighs muhaha
Thanks for the pointers. I'll double down on getting laid every day to build up the thigh muscles!

Milt

Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slide your butt back on the seat also, you'll feel the weight disappear off your hands right away.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:27 AM

yep thats exactly how I was when I first picked mines up, it took awhile, and 7000 miles later, its comfortable on long 400 + trips, also, check into stomp grips to take weight off your wrist. thanks

Old 09-03-2007, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: de goose man

yep thats exactly how I was when I first picked mines up, it took awhile, and 7000 miles later, its comfortable on long 400 + trips, also, check into stomp grips to take weight off your wrist. thanks
Thanks. What are stomp grips?

Old 09-03-2007, 03:57 PM

I have found that arching my back relieves the pressure from my wrist and hands.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:33 PM

I find that if u keep the front tire up in the air it takes the pressure off the wrist also. JK, just takes time and a few miles.

have fun and ride safe

Quick Reply: riding position/comfort