Reverse shift?

Old 11-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reverse shift?

Anybody know if it's possible to 180 the shift linkage to make it reverse shifting (1 up / 5 down)? I had my last bike set up that way and got used to it. Makes for more positive shifts when banging really hard. Also keeps foot above the shifter when upshifting outta a corner. I took a good look at the setup and pretty much have given up hope of reversing -- just doesn't look physically possible.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reverse shift?

You might need to get some rearsets if you want to do that http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/cbr10...ts_3275037.htm
and check out these levers!! these are awesome as well
http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/crg_b...rs_2450245.htm
We sell these at our shop and are the most awesome rearsets I have seen..Fully Adjustable, with roller bearings and available in 3 color options!! These things ROCK!! Every piece is available seperately in case you do happen to fall and damage them..That is a BIG plus since most companys will not sell the pieces by themselves
If you want to order them I can sell it to you for only $425 + shipping
www.apexroseville.com
(916) 797-2739

Old 11-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Great looking setup -- appreciate the info. I actually am wierd in that I like where the pegs are stock so don't know if I want to go through the expense just to reverse the pattern.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:41 PM

those rearsets are completely adjustable..it has about 15 different settings

Old 11-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

That's an excellent price!! -- What about the Vortex rearsets? Any info on them? I'm so used to "backwards" shifting that I feel stoopid occasionally -- gotta actually pay attention to shifting while in the curves.

Do you take Paypal?

Old 11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Hey -- you oughtta stick this place in your "links" section on your site *hint, hint*[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-09-2004, 12:58 AM

I only had 5 "links" to choose from otherwise the site cost was way expensive, so I took my most frequented sites and used them..I would love to have a link to EVERY distributor, but it would be ALOT of money and links.
I am working on getting a E-commerce site with a full inventory..it is just a cost issue

Old 11-09-2004, 08:28 AM

Definitely a MUST HAVE (E-commerce/shopping cart). Currently the site is in disarray and made me think , 'wtf?'. IMHO a customer can easily visit distributor websites to determine what product they want, but they have no way of knowing what manufacturers you carry if you do not specify the product of which you have to offer. *shrug*

Just remember - first impressions make/break a company and publishing your website before it is ready for viewing cause financial burden in the long run, versus getting your name out there. Ask yourself (if you rushed the website for exposure) - What kind of exposure do I want? and what do I want the exposed customers to think?

Good luck! :cheers

Old 11-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Sirlimpydude -- ya never did say about the vortex and the paypal. I've nearly talked myself into a set of something -- just haven't quited figured out color or model.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

And I checked out yer site -- it ain't Chapparal but it has everything ya need to see. All in all I give it 2 thumbs up. It's strange that they only give you 5 links -- I just have a stoopid Bellsouth site and I can post as many links as I want. Only I don't get a helluva lot of traffic so there's no use. The old catch 22. ha ha

So which one are you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reverse shift?