REPSOL RIMS........

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
DB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REPSOL RIMS........

whats up guys/gals, i noticed there is a common problem with owners of the 05 Repsol and their rims, as far as cleaning them and having orange come off the rim onto the rag. I just spoke to Honda's customer service dept. and they are looking into it, she told me she has not come across this yet but she will look into it and call me back. As soon as I hear something i will keep you all posted.

Here is the Honda service #: 1-866-784-1870 maybe if we get more people to call we can get something done about this, you will need your VIN # if you call. Talk to you all soon. DB

Old 03-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Default RE: REPSOL RIMS........

What kind of cleaner are you using?

Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 AM

Mine has the same problem... It doesnt matter what cleaner I use, even a white towel damp with water will lift orange from the rims. I havent noticed any faded spots yet, but am expecting it soon.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 PM

I know it sucks that the paint is coming off... but have you guys considered clear coating them? maybe that would help keep everything down... but i dont know what honda would say either... sucks, hope it gets better and good luck guys

Old 03-25-2006, 01:26 AM

Definately keep us posted.............mine does the same damn thing even when using windex. Maybe we all can hook Honda into giving us some Marchesini wheels......J/K

Old 03-26-2006, 12:13 AM

Clear coat may be the way to go, those are nice rims you have.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:43 AM

Im wondering if all the rest of our black ones are coming off too, its just that we dont notice it because the black crud and brake crap is also black..

Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 PM

I'm glad that i'm not the only one this is happenin too, first time it happened i thought i must have some acid or somin on the rag, i really panicked cos they look so good - one bit of advice though if you take the wheels off the bike be so careful, i took my front wheel off to upgrade the discs...the calipers were of and lose, pulled the wheel out and the weight of a hanging caliper ruined the edge of the rim, i couldn't believe it, never known paint to be so crap, let us know what honda say once they have 'looked into it'....mind you we'll all be riding v5's by then

Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
DB

Alright the lady at Honda got back to me, sorry it took so long. She referred me to my dealer and they told me to bring it in so the shop can look at it. I do not have any faded spots, yet, but I am going to bring it down. The Honda shop I use, two of the managers own Repsols with the same prob. So I guess the best thing to do is to call that number and and get your problem documented, I hope they make good on it since it is so widespread, I am headed there soon and will again keep you posted. my thought is that they had a problem with the clear coat or didnt clearcoat at all and the powder is just slowly coming up, I cleaned my rims real well then waxed them with a turtle wax car polish and that helped next time I cleaned them. So I will see and let you guys know. Get the prob documented before your warranties expire!! -DB

Old 04-11-2006, 01:12 AM
DB

alright the latest update, I brought my nike in and my dealer put in a warranty request (or something like that) in regards to the problem we are having, they told me honda will look into it and will work on a solution, as soon as I hear anything else i will let you all know, best bet right now is to contact your dealer before your warranties are up.

Quick Reply: REPSOL RIMS........