Repsol Front Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repsol Front Wheel

Bummer days. I hit a mean pot hole the other night pretty hard. It was dark and I didn't see the damage till the next day. Got a nice bend on each side of the rim on that outer lip. Wheel is not warped and not losing air though. Honda wants $508 for a new one. Whats the best fix for this? Can it be fixed or do I need a new one? If anybody sees a good used one for sale, please let me know. I just missed a black one on Ebay, sold for $207. I prefer to find one orange so I don't have to paint. Now I am scared to ride it till I get it fixed, might go flat and crash the whole bike.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Default RE: Repsol Front Wheel

You can get it fixed:
http://forums.cbrworld.net/forums/63704/ShowPost.aspx

But you'll likely have to paint it afterwards. It'll most likely be cheaper than getting one on Ebay.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:54 AM

Sorry to hear that! I have gotten flat tires on almost every sportbike I have owned (5 in the past 13 years). When I bought my Repsol I paid $195 for tire/wheel insurance. It covers flat tires and damaged wheels for 5 years. I thought it was worth it - my last flat cost me over $300 (tire + labor). You may be able to buy that insurance at any time, not just with a new purchase. I think one of the only requirements is that the tire tread must be a certain depth.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:03 AM

I will most likely ship it out for repair as soon as I can get a front end stand.

I also found a company that straightens rims and frames.

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/

Thanks for your advice guys.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:32 AM

Try RONAYERS.COM if you are looking for a NEW wheel MRWTBILL. I went on their site, online microfiche, and they had it listed for something like $396. Click on the cbr1000 from the drop-down box then select the cbr1000rr105 for the Repsol microfiche. There were a couple of rims listed, probably for the standard issue bikes, but the high end of the prices were $396. Hope this helped, and soooo sorry to hear about the misfortune, I would be heartbroken if it were me. Stay safe out there !!!

Old 10-15-2005, 02:47 PM

It does suck but its only a rim and only money right? No damage to the rear or anything else. The bends are not that bad realy lile 1/4-3/8" bends and the bike is still rideable but it looks like crap and makes me a little nervous to go over 60 mph even though it is not leaking air.
Thanks for the info.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:24 PM

I would recomend getting it fixed, but you won`t have any stability problems from what you`ve described. I had a similar incident on the way to work with a half brick in the road. I`ve done trackdays on mine since and not had any stability issues. But consider this for the rim to bend, the tyre has to deform all the way back to the rim. I`d change the tyre for safety reasons.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Old 10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other might know better then me but it almost looks like you could hammer that back with a rubber mallet or maybe use a piece of wood against the rim and beat it back into shape with a steel hammer.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:53 AM

I actually tried that when I first saw it . Didn't have much luck but it was still on the bike. I tried to use wood and hit it with a hammer. Then I used a piece of leather and hammer. Then I tried a large c-clamp to squeeze it in but it kept slipping off. All I managed to do was scratch up the paint. A hammer might work if I take it off the bike a lay it on a solid surface but also may crack it. From what I have read, the companies that straighten them use heat and machine pressure. If any one has had success with with a hammer let me know. I went for a ride tonight and it was fine but I am affraid to go fast.

Quick Reply: Repsol Front Wheel