REckless driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REckless driving

Well an off duty cop saw me doing a wheelie today,and followed me untill other cops could get there and pull me over. I didn't think to much about it,thought they would give me a ticket and let me on my merry way. But no they arrested me and charged me with reckless drivng. My very pissed off wife just bonded me out. Could not believe they arrested me for something i thought was a minor offence. This is going to end up costing thousands with the court costs and everything else. So dont be a retard like me,and do wheelies on public roads.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Default RE: REckless driving

Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought of an off-duty cop being the cause of a ticket. I already received a ticket myself and I am trying to behave more on the public roads (except for my favorite, desolate back-roads)

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hopefully it will keep a few others from doing the same thing

Old 12-23-2007, 08:25 PM

You have got to be kidding!! In Fl or GA?

Old 12-23-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: scruboak

You have got to be kidding!! In Fl or GA?

Such is the nature of the world. As the OP stated, take it somewhere else. The boys in blue will be esp. unforgiving during the holiday season when travel is up and they are working OT.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: sixshooter989
Well an off duty cop saw me doing a wheelie today,and...

Please tell me there was something particularly dangerous about this wheelie- excessive speed, crowded streets, something. I'm really beginning to hate cops, and stories like this aren't helping. The cops around here are complete morons. They'll pull people over in the worst places on the interstate, right in the middle of rush hour. My coworker was almost in a major accident with a merging semi because some idiot cop created an incredibly dangerous traffic hazard just to write a speeding ticket.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: SD2007

ORIGINAL: sixshooter989
Well an off duty cop saw me doing a wheelie today,and...

Please tell me there was something particularly dangerous about this wheelie- excessive speed, crowded streets, something. I'm really beginning to hate cops, and stories like this aren't helping. The cops around here are complete morons. They'll pull people over in the worst places on the interstate, right in the middle of rush hour. My coworker was almost in a major accident with a merging semi because some idiot cop created an incredibly dangerous traffic hazard just to write a speeding ticket.
you mean other than the fact that wheelies are illegal regardless of how fast or who is in the street. me personally id prefer a cop that does the job my tax dollars pay him to do.
id like to move to florida to watch all the idiots on 1 wheel lose their license and get their bike auctioned off. id have a garage full in a few months

Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

you mean other than the fact that wheelies are illegal regardless of how fast or who is in the street. me personally id prefer a cop that does the job my tax dollars pay him to do.

You sound like a man on the campaign trail, what a load of crap. You've rolled through stop signs, sped excessively, made "unsafe lane changes", and have done several things to your bike that violate federal laws. If the agencies enforcing these laws imposed the maximum penalty for all these offenses, you'd be fine with it because that's what your tax dollars are paying them to do? Yeah right. Don't be a phony legalistic wiener.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:34 AM

ha! i F*^$IN hate cops. i work for public safety myself. not as a pig tho. i work for the fire service as a firefighter although we work with them a lot. i cant believe he did that. must have nothing else better to do like most of them. of duty too!?!?

Old 12-24-2007, 12:46 AM

I got a ticket for doin a wheelie and speeding last year , but I never got arrested. That seems like they were takin just a bit overboard. I think the off duty cop should have minded his business on something like that. He was off duty and the only reason he should have done something is if you were on a crowded street or weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, really taking chances at hurting other people and not just yourself.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:33 AM

Be grateful it didn't happen in Florida...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/28/1...elie-in-miami/

I've seen sooooo many people dump doing wheelies over the last twenty years, I was never compelled to do them. All the power to people that can, but I don't think its really that cool. If you're going to do it, make sure there is no traffic around. I think you're just asking for trouble if you do.
I've noticed that the first thing new riders want to learn is how to wheelie a bike.....Times have really changed.
Be safe, have fun and happy holidays everyone!!!

Quick Reply: REckless driving