recall regards petrol tank leakage ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: recall regards petrol tank leakage ?

If you check the old posts someone posted pictures and all information but to save you time there is a weld on one of the front hose conections that was improperly completed by a certain machine. CALL the dealer FIRST to see if you need it they can go by VIN# and as mentioned above make sure they have a tank it can take weeks to get some tanks.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM

cheers for that good buddy , will ring them tuesday ........

Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 AM

Mine had to be replaced. The mechanic at the dealership said it's typically a 50/50 chance that it will need to be. Some do and some don't. He said the particular weld is sometimes thinner that it needs to be, and Honda sent all the dealers a tool that measures its thickness.

Oh yeah, and my dealer did not have a tank in stock, and they had my bike for over a week while they waited for one.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM

if it wasnt took in does that void the warranty then do you know ?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM

The guy in Liverpool where are you getting all your aftermarket stuff. I am in Scotland and there aint diddly up here.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 AM

hi gazza , most of the stuff i sourced off ebay .........the rims are also from there and cost more to ship from the states than the cost of the wheels with chroming ...........

lots of carbon bits on ebay now though when i started out on this bike there was nothing around as it was a new model of course ...........

what in particular to you want to buy ?

Old 05-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Not sure really just want to see what is available. I realised after posting that you have an 06-07 mine is an 08 so its a bit early I guess for much stuff to have hit the market. The main things i need are a hugger and a decent screen. I am a fairly big guy and act as an air brake most of the time lol and that little screen does not give me much to hide behind.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:37 PM

Mark

Sorry mate that was rude of me I should have checked your profile to get your name. Cheers for your reply by the way.

Gazza

Old 05-06-2008, 06:20 PM

The guys on here from the usa will know more as they seem to get everything ages before the slow old uk gets around to making stuff .........though try powerbronze they are usually the first to make bits and are good quality too ..............ive noticed thay seem cheaper than i remember them too ..........only downfall is the stamp powerbronze on everything and im not one for free advertising ............ happy hunting gazza .........

Old 05-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered Users

Make sure they route the hoses correctly. One member here took it in, got it replaced, then at high rpmthe engine woulddie due to the vent hose being pinched causing a vaccuum and fuel starvation.

Thanks for the info! I just rode mine home from the dealer now. My tank was replaced and about half way home I got on it a bit and the engine was cutting outabove 5k. I always do my own work. It really sucks that the one timeI trust someone else to work onmy bike they screw it up.Looks like I'll be going back in later to find the pinched vent hose.

Quick Reply: recall regards petrol tank leakage ?