RANDOM PROBLEMS 07 VERY CONFUSED

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RANDOM PROBLEMS 07 VERY CONFUSED

I bought a bran new 07 1000rr. From day one of owning the bike the problems started. First trip back to the dealer ship was because for the first probably 300 miles the bikes oil was fulled up completely. The bike just felt weird and i decided to check the oil level after letting it idle for 3-5 min then sit for 3 min. the eye glass was full past max! Took bike back so they could see how stupid there shop tech's are, I thought to myself at first you know everyone makes mistakes maybe they just messed up. WRONG!!! had to take the bike back 4 more times to the dealer ship i bought it from, and 2 more times to a different dealer ship. Also the bikes front end all feels all out of whack. I race dirt bikes and it just feels like the front is tweaked. So bikes front end is still not straight my left had feels like its further back than my right. I changed my oil after that whole event at 800 miles with filter. Filled back up with 3.3 quarts. Rode the bike its now 1800 miles no oil leaks nothing front end still messed up. Started the bike past Friday heard taping let it idle etc, then sit and i check it. I had my brother sit on the bike and now the oil level is below the low marker on the eye glass. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN. did i get a bad bike or what? Is there anything i can do? I am all outta ideas and very frustrated at this point so any help will be very much appreciated.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Default RE: RANDOM PROBLEMS 07 VERY CONFUSED

so what you are saying is the bikes oil was over filled and then your went 1500 miles with no no problems minus the front end and now it has no oil in it does it smoke at all let me know i have torn these bikes apart to fix mine when i wrecked so i might ne of some help
Noah

Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM

its smokes alot when warming up but its not blue smoke just white. And the bike waS over filled till 300 miles then it was fixed and at 800 mile i myself changed the oil and oil filter. put in 3.3 quarts is that right? And then a thousand miles later 1800 miles i heard weird motor noise like a knocking so i checked the oil level and it was below the low marker on the eye glass.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 PM

I was thinking that it could have blow out the seals in the engine from the over fill but i guess not. What it could have done is punched a hole or holes in the gascket around the oil pan or the side covers to create a small leak that after riding for so many miles would push oil out at a small rate thats why you didn't notice the back tire slick or any oil lecking and it could only be happening when the system has presure on it. What I would do is take the engine farings off and see if you can see any slick spots and wipe them down and see if they return if they do that might be your probelem. THATS just whatI would do but I'm all about DIY
Noah

Old 10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1-oil... just add 4 qts... not 3.3.. it calls for close to 4 anyway .. and the tad extra will not hurt it .. i have 6 1000's i know...

as long as it is above the lower line ... its fine ..

2- teh bar that feels further back .. may be .. there IS a small amount of adjustment in the clip on's ... losen the 2 pinch bolts and adjust teh clip on fwd ... and you will be all set

Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 PM

thanks man appreciate the help

Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM

my manual does say 3.3 though which i dont know. guess not hah

Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM

adjustments have been made before its never been perfect and when i lean over the front of the bike slightly while doing aroudn 60 or so the front tire is not alined at all. If there is anyone who lives around Bucks county/ philadelphia area i need someone who knows what there doing to fix my bike and i will pay cash for help. I JUST REALLY WANT my bike to be fixed like and be as if it really is a brand new bike with no problems. If you wanna give me a call to find out more or anything my number is 267 614 3636 and its Andre.

Thank you

Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM

1. Put in the amount of oil recommended by the manual, regardless of what anyone says. Putting too much oil in can and will hurt the engine.

2. Have you checked the alignment of the rear wheel? That could throw things out of whack.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM

the one dealer did a 5 hour front to back tire to tire check. they said i was crazy cause nothings wrong than i took to another dealer they said there deffinitly something wrong and they kinda fixed it but not really.

Quick Reply: RANDOM PROBLEMS 07 VERY CONFUSED