Quick question about Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about Frame Sliders

Ok, I tried searching, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. I've been looking for Frame Sliders for my 2007 1000rr and I found a few on Ebay. The only two that actually had a brand listed were:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I think i've heard the name T-Rex before in relation to Frame Sliders, but I have no idea about them. I want to get quality sliders, but I dont know what to look for. These two seem to be pretty much the same, but with a $70 dollar difference, I must be missing something. If anyone can tell me where to buy quality Frame Sliders for my 07 1k I would appreciate it. I also do not want to cut the fairings so I'm obviously looking for No-Cut sliders. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by CMDrew6115; 10-18-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get shogun or Vortex (what came up on google may be more brands) sliders, avoid no-cuts (shogun n T-Rex do have em tho), and make sure the pucks are derlin n nothing else.

good sliders run about $70, require cutting a hole in the fairing and are well worth it.

no-cuts are just bling n will fail n cause even more damage in anything more than a garage tip over.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 AM

The only no cut sliders I will recommend are LSL. The L bracket on them is smaller and thicker. So it will have less of a chance crushing the water elbow in a tip over or crash. Other than those, cut sliders all the way.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 AM

I went with Motovation sliders on the fork, axle and swingarm as well as barend weights/sliders. I also installed LSL frame sliders which mount over the crankcase/engine.

The Motovation folk were very helpful and responsive when I asked a few questions.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lockhart philps i would use

Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 AM

You've probably heard the T-Rex name in relation to stands, as they are the best stands for the best price out there and are very well known for that
http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?...Fcategory%3D46

no-cuts are garbage, don't get those

get these
http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?...Fcategory%3D89

Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 AM

I like the Woodcraft frame sliders and Vortex, they're both top notch.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toptaz1000rr
lockhart philps i would use
for windscreens, grips, etc., but not for frame sliders I wouldnt.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM

Ok, so I've taken your advise and I will get the sliders that do require cutting. I went to the links provided by dsrdr and since I was looking at getting stands anyway, I'll probably get both stands and sliders from T-Rex. So now Ive got just a few more questions.

1. Does anyone have anything against T-Rex Cut frame sliders or bike stands?
2. I can't tell from the pictures on the website for T-rex, but how far do they stick out from the fairing, enough for street use rather than track use?
3. Playful God, judging from your post count, I'd assume you know a thing or two about bikes and you said to make sure that I didn't get No-Cut sliders, which I'm not, to make sure their made of Delrin, which they are, and that they should cost about $70, but the T-rex's are only about $25. Is this bad?

I looked at Woodcraft, Vortex, Shogun, and T-Rex. I liked the looks of the T-rex's the best and I can get both the stands and sliders at the same time so I'm leaning toward them unless anyone has anythng bad to say about their quality or length.

Thanks for your help guys, glad I asked before buying No-Cuts!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM

The debate continues.....

I have had both no cut and cut frame sliders. I think both are fine. I opted for no cuts on my 08 because I did not want to cut holes in my brand new fairings.

I bought the T Rex no cut frame sliders and they are great. They appear to be very secure and are of good quality. People always say that they could break off and do more damage in a wreck. Honestly, I could care less. If I was in a wreck the last thing I would be concerned with is the condition of the bike. Id just hope I could get up and walk away from it. I wanted frame sliders to protect the bike if I some how tipped it over in the driveway or something. Regardless I think you would be fine going witht the no cut frame sliders.

Quick Reply: Quick question about Frame Sliders