Question about my rearsets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my rearsets?

Right then i`ve fitted the rearsets, setting up the gear change doodad i`ve `managed` ok. It`s currently in GP mode because I can`t work out the other way of attaching the rods if thats what there called. So here`s the question... looking at the pic can anyone compare it with theres to tell me the other way it can go (Normal) cos i`m stumped, maybe i need some sleep?

Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: Question about my rearsets?

You get the general idea.

Old 01-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, I feel smart, a rare moment for me. [8D]

I was going to suggest what MgA_ODEN picutered, flip the 90deg carbon fiber bracket and mount the rods so that they cross over each other just like the picture shows. The only problem I see that you might have is the length of the rods.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:21 AM

Mine are set up the same. Just do the flip and adjust your rods should work fine. It did take a little while to get it just right though.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the info, I`m gonna inspect it 2moro i had a small test ride and kinda like it as is. So may leave it, it`s cool cos ya can shift up mid corner real easy.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leave it for 2 weeks and you'll keep it that way for life. At first you gotta constantly tell yourself the gears are backwards but once you get used to it the old confidence in corners goes up even more. Plus when you're banging in a straight line ya get more positive shifts.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:23 PM

whats the point of rear sets? and is it worth the $300 or more? why would you want the gears in reverse?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 AM

They give you adjustable movement so you can have the pegs set where you prefer, also they usually move your feet up and back which makes it easier to keep your weight over the front while the thottles open full [sm=drooldude.gif].

The reverse gearing I did stick with but you can have it either way, now when i`m mid corner and leaned over i can change up by simply knocking the lever down. The way it used to be if i`d of tried that trick, i`d have ripped my toes off in the road.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

del

Old 03-25-2006, 06:16 AM

The rearsets themselves are good, but i wouldn`t get this paint effect again, it`s terrible. Flakes off when you tighten bolts up etc. Stick to black anodized or bare metal. I managed to drop the bike at about 1mph and the rearsets did a good job of holding the bike up off so no plastic touched (i have frame sliders to) And a crash at shell hairpin at Oulton Park they held the full force and saved most damage too.

Quick Reply: Question about my rearsets?