Pros and Cons of the 05 Fireblade.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pros and Cons of the 05 Fireblade.

I am currently in waiting for my new CBR 1000 — I would have gotten one earlier but Australia didn't get the Titanium colour option until just recently, and I'm not a big fan of the new bright red they are using, nor did I want another all black bike, so I just had to wait it out.

Anyway, after reading most of the posts on this forum I have heard only good things about the 05 Fireblade (which is to be expected), but I think it's good to hear a little constructive criticism sometimes.

So with that in mind, I wanted to know if anyone has anything to say about the bikes downfalls, ie. Does it eat rear tires? (under NORMAL riding conditions), does it have a tendency to break a certain part? Is there something about the bike that's poorly designed but easily fixed? (other than the ugly rear fender).
I just want to know about these things so I can be prepared when I finally get mine.
Thanks.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pros and Cons of the 05 Fireblade.

From everything I've read by riders in the magazines the only negative is that the 05 1000RR is a bit heavier then the rest in it's class and the fuel mileage isn't the best either. Other then that everything they say is positive as far as handling, comfort, design, craftsmanship and reliability goes. It is also a few US dollars in the Asian line up.

I would like to buy one in spring of 06 so I Honda puts it on a diet like did this years 600RR.

I road an 4 ZX-10R and it felt loose as hell compared to my 05 600RR. If the 1000RR is anything like my 600 then I don't think you can go wrong with this years Honda liter bike.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:52 AM

You think 179kg is heavy? come on!!

Its a very good bike at doin it all, The fueling is crap upto 4000 revs with the standard can on, i`ve a yoshi RS5 on mine its made it tonnes better. Rear Tyres - you should get 3500-4k miles from it aslong as your not a straight line man (if thats the only time you use the power)

Old 07-15-2005, 09:22 AM

I agree with Anu - heavy is one thing it aint, in comparison to the other litres then may be it is but having ridden most of them I reckon they could do with fattenin up, i ride reasonably hard and done numerous track days even turned my hand to a bit of racing, i just find them too twitchy and im a reasonable sized guy let alone you midgets out there! the rr just about gets away with it but any less weight and i think the power/weight ratio will be too unforgiving - but hey thats just my opinion

Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 AM

There are no faults. Much easier to ride and more comfortable than the R1 and GSXR 1000 little slower than those bikes but still very close. There are no down sides at all to the bike. Great buy.[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the first 2500 miles your *** will think it's sitting on cement -- ya get used to it after that. Heck I even like the seat now -- easy to slide around on when you're doing twisties. Only other complaint is there's too much aftermarket stuff -- a man could go broke setting this beast up. I got right at 8000 miles on mine and it's running really strong. Make sure you post up a pic of that titanium model.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Only other complaint is there's too much aftermarket stuff -- a man could go broke setting this beast up.

Amen brother [&:]

Old 07-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Anubis

You think 179kg is heavy? come on!!

Its a very good bike at doin it all, The fueling is crap upto 4000 revs with the standard can on, i`ve a yoshi RS5 on mine its made it tonnes better. Rear Tyres - you should get 3500-4k miles from it aslong as your not a straight line man (if thats the only time you use the power)
I didn't actually say it was "to heavy" I was just reporting the facts as I read them. I do consider that the reports who write the articles have years of riding and racing experience so I thought there might be something to all of them mentioning the weight difference between the CBR and the others. I've been following them very closely since I want ot buy one.

I will quilify that with everything I have read, if I could buy a liter bike now, I would personally buy the Honda. I must admint that since I have to wiat I am looking forward to what Honda with do with the bike in 06.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 PM

I suppose if someone put a gun to my head and told me to dis the bike, I would go for the braking system. I am not too impressed with the brakes but I don't know where they stand up to others in their class.

As far as the rest of the bike.... Damn! what a piece of crap. My friends have to wrestle me to the ground and force me on in just to ride it. My wife made me buy it. She said my life was just too boring, and wanted to see if I could really get a bike to do 180 MPH.

Juuuuuuuuuuust kidding... before the slams come back at me.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:16 PM

I would also say that the brakes are a little on the week side but only the rear. The front brakes are strong because there is so much more there. Also if you read the posts we talked about the crappy helmet lock. It consists of a cable in your tool bag with a piece of rubber between two looped ends, that hook under the rear seat and will rub the paint off your rear plasticks if you use it. Other than that minor flaw I can't think of anything else I would have changed if I built it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pros and Cons of the 05 Fireblade.