Power Commander Required?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005 | 12:51 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Default RE: Power Commander Required?

I gotcha -- so it's a function of the PCIII. That woulda been schweeeeet on my old turbo.

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

The bike will run rich with this slip-on (go figure) so it will not hurt your bike , after I installed a PC3 , loaded a map and turned on the Accelerator Pump mod it rode like a different bike (smooth with a ton of power)
I still have plans on getting a custom map to wring out every last HP , I just dont have the $405.93 to put the bike on a dyno right now.

when i got my pipe put on without the powercommander it ran lean.

Old 06-27-2005 | 09:05 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Now that's the first time I've heard of one going lean after a pipe. Usually the ECU senses more airflow and starts puking gas in to compensate. Without an O2 sensor it usually puts in too much. Which is nice due to ram air at speed.

Old 06-28-2005 | 02:54 PM

Well, since this post is active again, I wanted to mention that ever since I put this pipe on, I get alot of hesitation in the low rpms. For example if I am cruising down the street at 15-20 and the throttle is still, it shakes and coughs. But in the high end I have no problems. Would this be considered as running lean or what would you call it?

Old 06-28-2005 | 08:42 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Throttle bodies may need to be synched. Also check to make sure throttle cable is not too slack.

Old 06-29-2005 | 03:41 PM

uhhhhhh...

Can you rephrase that for the mentally challenged?

Old 06-29-2005 | 04:33 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Sorry bout that. Just like on a carb bike when you put on a pipe the throttle bodies may need to be synched. Involves hooking up a 4 dial vacuum gauge and adjusting the #2,3, and 4 cylinders to the same idle intake pressure as #1. The reason why is because with the new pipe the engine is breathing easier -- if the throttle bodies were out just a bit before you might not have noticed it but with a new pipe it becomes more noticeable.

The throttle cable slack can cause the bike to be jerky at low rpms also. If there's a lot of freeplay in the throttle (movement before it actually starts opening the throttle) then you can use the adjusters to tighten it up. Procedure is in the owners manual. Check this out first as it's the easier of the two to do.

Good luck.

Old 06-29-2005 | 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

It keeps the A/F ratio from spiking lean when the throttle is abruptly opened.

Accelerator Pump Utility

I'm at 75% sensiivity, 20% fuel add & 20 rotations.

Now running 90,15,20 with great results

Old 07-06-2005 | 11:36 AM

Has anyone got any info on fitting the PC3 to there bike? i`ve got one ordered to go with the RS5 slip on, but don`t know where to start with installation.

Old 07-06-2005 | 12:05 PM

It should come with detailed installation instructions in the box. Mine did and the installastion was easy minus accessing the injectors deep under the tank and the throttle position sensor on the left side of the bike. After trying for about 10 minutes I finally got the throttle position sensor pluggend in. Sending a map to the PC is real easy.

Quick Reply: Power Commander Required?