Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 on an 08 your opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 on an 08 your opinions please

Hi I have been forced into putting these Diablos onto my 08 Blade as the UK has run out of pairs od DQ's and 015's and I have talked myself into thinking they wont be as good as the original tyres which were the Dunlop Qualifiers that the bike came with. Please someone tell me they have a good experience with them on this bike so I can feel as confident banking her over again as I did with the DQ's.

No horror stories though I will have nightmares.

Gazza

Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 on an 08 your opinions please

Lot of guys i know run daiblo's and really love em.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 PM

About the only way your going to know if they are going to work for you is to try them. Everyone seems to be different. I have friends that swear on ****box dunlop 218's and I can't keep the tires from sliding around when I ran em. I run pilot powers now and love em. From what I've read, the diablo 3's are supposed to be good.

Here is a link toa write up on em..

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...a_3/index.html

Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 PM

I have put a set of Corsa III on my '06 CBR1000RR a few weeks agoand all I can say is OMG!!! I went for the 190/55-17(which isrounder than the 190/50 andgives you more contact with the road at angle)in the back and it is amazing what a difference it makes!! The bike feels much lighter andso mucheasier to throw from one side to the other in a series of twisties. I have a Track Day planned in 2 weeks, I could tell you more then. I am very happy I chose the Corsa III and I would not buy anything else right now.
Pat

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 PM
VP

It's the best tire I've ever ran on any bike

Old 05-24-2008, 05:36 AM

Thanks all. I am scrubbing them in later and then I am hoping to get 2500 miles out of them in a trip to Mugello and back next week.I only got 1500 miles out my rear DQ but I would gladly replace more regularly and have that confidence with the Dunlop Qualifier. I dont know the reason for the shortage of Dunlops and Bridgestone 015 F compound but can only assume every '08 blade sold since its release has reached similar mileage at the same time and we are all happy with the tyres that came with the bike and have chosen to replace like for like. I will let you know how I get on with these Diablos. I am sure they are great its just that little voice in my head saying they cant be as good as what I had because what I had was so good.

Thanks again.

Gazza

Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 AM
VP

Just remember...a lot of riding is all mental... most riders couldn't tell the difference between a set of tires if you didn't tell them... it's only at the very limits of the bikes potential do you really get that feeling that something is missing.

The brain is a powerful tool!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM

I run the Pirelli III's on the track and they are great. You will notice on the street that the center area will flaten quickly but still tons of grip! I have several biks and for the street, put your $ in some dual compound Pilot Powers.

Powers wear great and stick.Not to mention theycan be found online for less than 1/2 the price of the Pirellis. If you do track days or racing (and can afford the Pirellis every 2500 miles) they can be beat.

Dunlops are great track tires also but wear fast and when pushed hard roll rubber (ball up) which can give the tiires a greasy fell. Kinda scary
Rich

Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Well, after my track day on the Pirellis Corsa III, I love them even more. Scrubbed to the very edge, and I never, ever felt at any time that I was sliding or loosing grip. They give you plenty of feedback on acceleration,hard breaking, aggressive cornering, etc.They warm up very quicklyand are really confidence inspiring. Again, I went with the 55 profile instead of 50 and it makes a huge difference in terms of flicking the bike in a series of corners. When they are done, I will buy another set for sure.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they kick ***. BUT, watch em on cold days, wet days n esp cold wet days. And dont try to lean like a **** on wet roads.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 on an 08 your opinions please