Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..

ORIGINAL: DrDRFT

I am SHATTERED.......[:@]

I was bored as it started to rain and so was unable to go for a ride.. So I decided to plug in the laptop to see what map the tuner instaled and how different it was to others available from dynojet..? To my surprise I found out I paid the tuner $350.00 to install PC3 & Ignition Module and he was supposed to custom map it for me... But I found out he only instaled a map from dyno jet map, no. 125-004... Now as I am from Australia, isn't my bike supposed to have the European map??? Also it seems better than without PC3 but there are spots in the rev that it seems not right. I am so angry and pissed. I don't know what to do. Should I try to download a Euro map myself or leave it with the US map???
PLEASE help a brother who got ripped. As I have lost all confidence in so called TUNERS...

Thanks...
You see bro!!! I told ya to look out for this in my earlier post!!! When you send to a tuner..you must be there yourself to witness what he's doing. He ripped you while you are not looking..try going back there and tell him you want it to be custom made not downloaded. Maybe he'll do it..

Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 AM

ok ok. I know you warned me but this guy has a really good rep and supposedly is the bomb with tuning. I want to go back and tell him that it was not a custom map but how am I going to explain how i found out as he told me not to plug in my laptop or he is not responsible as how will he know if I have played with the mapping myself. Maybe I should just cut my losess and go somewhere else. I did try and down load that fuel pump accel thingy and she seems to go so so much better but I will find a dyno tuner and talk to them and see what they can offer. I also just installed pazzo clutch and pazzo brake levers....
Some Pictures.........[8D]

Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: DrDRFT

ok ok. I know you warned me but this guy has a really good rep and supposedly is the bomb with tuning. I want to go back and tell him that it was not a custom map but how am I going to explain how i found out as he told me not to plug in my laptop or he is not responsible as how will he know if I have played with the mapping myself. Maybe I should just cut my losess and go somewhere else. I did try and down load that fuel pump accel thingy and she seems to go so so much better but I will find a dyno tuner and talk to them and see what they can offer. I also just installed pazzo clutch and pazzo brake handle will post pictures tomorrow..
See..dats the reason why he disallow you to plug into your laptop in case you find out. If you were to meddle with your mapping after he mapped..he can still download the map he 'created' for you. He's supposed to save your mapping in his computer..He's a fraud I can tell ya..Since you decided to cut your losses and go to other tuner, why not you go and confront him about this. If he decide not to map a new one for you..you can den go to other tuner knowing that you tried asking him to remap.

And this time pls be there yourself and watch..[8D]

I also have some problems with my PC..2 mths after I installed, the PC go berserk!! Its a brand new one..Now after more than 6 mths, the PC came back from the US for repair. I saw my tuner yesterday and asked him for my PC..he said it finally arrived 2 days ago. I asked for some kind of compensation and he agreed to custom made a zero map for me!! This is a good thing since I have made many mods to the airflow and exhaust flow and the old custom map doesn't fit anymore..

And also..A$350 for installation and mapping is expensive bro..here in Singapore, we have 3 to 4 dynojet tuning centre which is within 20 mins ride to one another..Average cost per dyno mapping is ard S$80 to S$120 which is equivalent to US$50 to US$75. Dats cheap labour!!..LOL.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:17 AM

I just down loaded a different map of the dynojet site and man does it make a difference. As for $350 that is in Australian Dollars as I am from Australia. As I am really happy with the way it feels at the moment I think I will leave it till I can get it dynoed as I still haven't found someone else yet. (plus lost all faith in TUNERS now). Thanks for your help and advice. When you get your map done you think you could share your map so I could compare? Damn 6 months! thats along wait for your pc3..... Good you got it all back now...

Old 08-07-2006, 07:25 AM

You can't effectively create a custom map without knowing what the bike is doing. And its very hard to do this without the use of the dyno. $350 does seem a bit unreassonable, but there is a fair amount of work involved in installing the power commander. Not sure about the ignition module. But if you want a truly custom map, you're gonna have to pay for it and you'll have to use a dyno machine.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:10 AM

Cheers, but still looking for a good dyno operator in Melbourne, Was hoping to download a few other maps off others who have done dynos. as loading from dynojet is the same thing. I know it not 100% but if others who have already mapped thier bike then it would be better than the standard maps from dynojet? just hoping!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Dude you didnt go to ***** did you? **** that guy is old skool and duznt even have a dyno!!! Pfffftt I got the best tuner for you mate, Give Dean a buzz at Dynoverks in boronia on 98871655 and tell him that Disco Luke sent you and he will look after you!! He was the tuner for honda for years and they dyno 1000rr's all the time there...You will not be dissapointed.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:54 AM

Thanks mate... Will give him a call this week and have a chat to him, Lots of peps told me to goto ***** and he did service my bike really well and it felt really good. as before I went there, I done 2 services elsewhere and my bike felt like S*** . but after he did what he did I just don't know anymore??? Services and machanical work He is really good mapping???????? only problem with dynoverks is they are too far as I am from werribee way!

Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM

Well mate its worth riding your bike down there on a nice day to get dean to tune it for you, plus your at the foot of the dandenongs so when he has made your bike go awesome you can go blast thru the hills!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Yeah give it a try..Neway you gonna be there and see him tune!! No way you gonna leave ur bike there as you're far from home.
Again AS$350 for assembly and 'mapping' is expensive cos Singapore Dollars and Australian Dollars are not that far off.. Ok not to add more salt to your wound..Go on try it, be there early in the morning. A very good and precise tuner takes 2 days to create a custom map for ya..got to be careful with the temperature. If Dean takes only 1 day..give him all the time during the day to set ur bike up..ie be there 1st thing when his shop opens..

Quick Reply: Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..