Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..

Thanks to all....
polished is good but I found that the rear wheel get a little dull as time goes on and as for chroming not sure as I haven't done it yet.
I am from Australia and its hard as I can't get much access to aftermarket parts like you guys in US...
try though..

I get some more photos this weekend and will post asap..

The dragons where custom made.(Its not over the top is it)...?

Also getting rearsets today and power commader and igniton module installed today!!! picking bike up hopefully tommorow afternoon. Will post pictures and let you know how it goes with new mods..... can't wait[]

Old 07-27-2006, 11:34 AM

The dragons are sweeeeet , wish i would have thought of them first.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDRFT

Thanks to all....
polished is good but I found that the rear wheel get a little dull as time goes on and as for chroming not sure as I haven't done it yet.
I am from Australia and its hard as I can't get much access to aftermarket parts like you guys in US...
try though..

I get some more photos this weekend and will post asap..

The dragons where custom made.(Its not over the top is it)...?

Also getting rearsets today and power commader and igniton module installed today!!! picking bike up hopefully tommorow afternoon. Will post pictures and let you know how it goes with new mods..... can't wait[]

You mean you have them installed and dyno run it without your presence?? Not a good idea mate...Or do you settle for the shipped mapping?? Try as much as possible to dyno from a zero map..have them custom made for you in your presence. First try loading the supplied map dencheck the torque,hp and A/F ratio..den get a custom one made and COMPARE...See the best one and use it. Its suppose to be the custom made one thou..

Old 07-28-2006, 09:57 AM

Hey DRDFT where in OZ are you from? Im from melbs

Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Man that bike is sweet. I have the same bike, and that look dope. Nice job.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 PM

wow!!..badass!!

Old 07-29-2006, 05:00 AM

Thanks....
I from western suburbs in Melbourne. Laverton way..
I just got the bike back with the power commander fitted and the ignition module. The guy told me that he did minor adjustments to the ignition but did a few adjustments to the fuel mapping. He doesn't have a dyno but he said He uses a wide band AF meter that he tunes on the street.??? He does have a good rep and the bike does feel alot better. It pulls alot harder and smoother. He said I should get better fuelling as well. A few peps been telling me to get it dynoed so I am looking to find someone else to dyno it and see for sure how much better it is. Will post as soon as dynoed.

I also just got Valter Moto Rearsets...
They make the bike turn much better as I don't have to lean as much just put pressure on rearset and it leans much much better. bonus looks cool too..[8D]

So far I have done...

* Harris Grips
* KN Filters
* Dynojet PC3 usb
* Dynojet Ignition Module
* Valter Moto Rearsets
* Polished Rims
* Smoked Screen
* Pirrelli Corsa Pros
* Flapper Mod
* Yoshimura RS5 Slip On
* Braking Wave Disc Front
* Race Pads Front
* Braided Brake Lines Front & Rear

Next is Dyno and then I gonna fit the Dynojet Quick Shifter.
Then more Bling maybe polish more parts....
Here are a few pictures of rearsets and stuff....

Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 AM

I am SHATTERED.......[:@]

I was bored as it started to rain and so was unable to go for a ride.. So I decided to plug in the laptop to see what map the tuner instaled and how different it was to others available from dynojet..? To my surprise I found out I paid the tuner $350.00 to install PC3 & Ignition Module and he was supposed to custom map it for me... But I found out he only instaled a map from dyno jet map, no. 125-004... Now as I am from Australia, isn't my bike supposed to have the European map??? Also it seems better than without PC3 but there are spots in the rev that it seems not right. I am so angry and pissed. I don't know what to do. Should I try to download a Euro map myself or leave it with the US map???
PLEASE help a brother who got ripped. As I have lost all confidence in so called TUNERS...
Thanks...

Old 07-30-2006, 11:30 AM

Sorry mate don't know about maps, i got an oldie, i'm from blue mtns, nsw, so g'day, wondered how much it cost to get the whole rim polished, i didn't get the spokes done and it cost me $80 + $50 to get it chemically stripped, i think he said for the hole wheel it was 250-300 is that a reasonable price. also wondered about the rearsets, if you are tall do they make for a less knees up squashed ride, in other words more a more comfortable ride, thanks...

Old 07-30-2006, 02:48 PM

As for polishing the guy charged me $150 per wheel for everything. he took the tyre off then stripped it then polished it. I had to put the tyre back on my self. As for the rearsets I really really like them and I think it would be good for anyone who is not 100% comfortable as you can adjust height and aft which is up,down pretty much any way til you are comfortable. The plus is they look cool and if you drop the bike it won't fold and will sort of hold like crash pods.? Hope this helps..

Quick Reply: Pics of my bike wit Polished Wheels..