peformance Vs other 1000"s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peformance Vs other 1000"s?

First of all i want to rub it in your faces that summer is over and i live in arizona , riding year baby haha, hope you guys love winter especially where it snows. Im just messing around not really be an ***. Anyway i couldnt be more excited , im picking mine up tommorow , i go to mmi out here in phx so riding year round is gonna be awesome. Anyway im getting it tommorow , its a 05 , Red and black paint scheme , not a scratch on it , 4500 miles , frame sliders , Integerated turn signals in the red , LED lights , Bike stand , Leathers and a few Extras for 8k. Does that sound like a Deal? I chose the Honda mostly because hey , its a honda , im going to be using it as my main transportation preety much and want a reliable bike , also it seems more refined than the other 1000"s , the quality seems superior to me , the zx10r and gsxr 1000 seem more like a boys toy to me , i know there not , they just look cheaper and not as well made. My other question though is how does this bike fair compared to R1"s , ZX10"s and GSXR 1000"s, is the accelration on par with the rest? the suspension to me seems beyond what the others offer and i live the HESD the 1000 offers. Ive ridden the zx10 and didnt like it because it seems twitchy , and always wants to go straight to 12 o clock. Are these bikes as wheelie prone or is the power delivery better , like more linear on this bike , to keep the front down on the bike. Thanks for your time.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Default RE: peformance Vs other 1000"s?

heres how it sits stock http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5...r1000rrwn3.jpg

Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 AM

I was in Arizona this July and you can keep the 118F weather as far as I'm concerned.

Price seems high as you can probably pick up a new one for less than $9K and this one is almost 2 model years old.

1000RR is less wheelie prone than other 1K bikes.

1000RR is slower than the other 1Ks, especially the GSXR, but you're correct that the quality is better.

By the way, if you do get it, remove the "CBR Racing" sticker....

Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: hiside

I was in Arizona this July and you can keep the 118F weather as far as I'm concerned.

Price seems high as you can probably pick up a new one for less than $9K and this one is almost 2 model years old.

1000RR is less wheelie prone than other 1K bikes.

1000RR is slower than the other 1Ks, especially the GSXR, but you're correct that the quality is better.

By the way, if you do get it, remove the "CBR Racing" sticker....
I was reffering to this winter when itll be 70 in phx and we can still ride , year round , compared to the rest of the country when its like -5 out to 50 degress across the country , it was just a joke though not meant to be taken seriously. it doesnt get to 118 here thogh , more like 105-110 , 115 two or three days a summer but its all dry heat so its not bed , i guess you get used to it , im only here till i graduate from MMI though. Back on topic though. Im picking it up next friday , i went and left a 500 dollar deposit on it today though , got it all in writing. its a one owner bike owned by a 48 yr old man , its been babied. it was purschased last november so its not even a year old , and with the bike i recieved and bad *** shoei helment (389$) Black and red icon leather jacket (350$) icon leather pants (200$) even though i wont wear em , A star boots ( 200$ ) Pitbull bike stand (225$) , intergrated rear turn signal , fender eliminator with the lil ball on the bottom so it just rolls out of the way instead of bending up the license plat , and icon lether gloves. It turned out to be like 1500 in accesories and i got the 3yr warranty with it , so for 8k i dont think it was that bad of a deal , Some guys wanted more than 8k for the 05 model with more miles , no accesories , and no warranty . Why remove the CBR racing sticker ? i love the stock paint scheme.
Also where are you at where you can pick up a new 2006 model cbr 1000rr for 9k ? In my area (phx) the dealers want between 9.5 to 10,999 for them New with no accesories, then after TTL , freight charge , dealer fee"s and assembly charges , its easily 12-14k .

Old 09-03-2006, 12:27 AM

If you want to compare numbers click here,

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...ormance_times/

Old 09-03-2006, 01:43 AM

I live in Az Too,The mornjngs are Ok BUt my head bakes inside my shoi on yhe ride home.Can't wait for the kooler weather. All these Bikes today are so good that you can't go wrong. I like the looks of the RR and R1 better than the Mags front runers. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:37 AM

yes our summers suck, but i'd rather bake than not ride. As for 1krr vs. the other liters, you can believe whats be published in mags, or you can simply find out for yourself. Keep in mind, most of the crap in the industry rags is done by professional riders, in perfect conditions and this so called 'corrected for sea level 'crapola. Street riding is whole different game, and most races between bikes that i have seen or been involved with have to do with ability more than bike. Most street drags are one by the guy that can launch and shift the best, seldom do these races go more than a 1/4 mile. Most twisty racing is sketchy at best. I love the twisties, but am really particular about who's next to me through the apex. I would consider less of a race and more of me against the road mind set, with other riders along for the ride. Most track days spent on the 1krr are not what you'd expect, most tracks are not big enough for the liter bikes, and even the pro riders are a little weary of these machines on the track. Believe it or not, there is such a thing as too much bike, and ALL big 4 mfgs liter bikes fall into this category. The Honda does one thing better than any of its competition, in that i has an amazing amount of power available at any rpm any gear. On the street, this really makes the 1krr faster than its competition, I am constantly competing with other bikes, liter and not, for short roll on blasts in excess of the posted speed limit, I have yet to have any bike pull on me.....Ride safe, keep it on both wheels, and let's not worry about all the variables that make a difference in the real world as to which liter bike is the fastest, they are all fast, and more than capable.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:21 AM

i live in chandler. nice to see local folks on here. i can't wait for the winter weather either, even though we don't have seasons out here.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:24 PM

Hey az1000 where did you buy your bike at?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:39 PM

I've ridden an 05 gixxer 1k, 04 R1, and 05 zx10r, and I'll have to say I like my 1krr way better. It's so much easier to ride and makes good power pretty much at any rpm above 3k rpm. I haven't gotten to ride an 06 10r, they're suppose to be a little more user friendly than the 04 and 05.

Quick Reply: peformance Vs other 1000"s?