OH MY F'N GOODNESS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OH MY F'N GOODNESS!!!!

I am so F'N pissed right now! So I am putting my Rizoma hand grips on and go F'N figure a damn fu#king screw stripped on the right side. I tried using a screw extractor, and of course the damn tip broke off in the stripped screw. WTF!!! I have no idea how to get the screw out now. I am about 5 secs away from kicking my fu#cking bike over!!! The tightness of the bolts from the factory is completly unneccesary! Anyways, does any one have any ideas. It is the screw just to the right of the starter button. I need to know ASAP before i push my bike down the hill behind my place. FU#K!!!!!!!!!![:@]

Old 12-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OH MY F'N GOODNESS!!!!

what about just drilling the screw out ?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Bike's totaled. Throw it away. It's worthless now.

Drill it till you can get your bar end off. Then take a pair of vise grips and twist the **** off.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: nafstap

I am so F'N pissed right now! So I am putting my Rizoma hand grips on and go F'N figure a damn fu#king screw stripped on the right side. I tried using a screw extractor, and of course the damn tip broke off in the stripped screw. WTF!!! I have no idea how to get the screw out now. I am about 5 secs away from kicking my fu#cking bike over!!! The tightness of the bolts from the factory is completly unneccesary! Anyways, does any one have any ideas. It is the screw just to the right of the starter button. I need to know ASAP before i push my bike down the hill behind my place. FU#K!!!!!!!!!![:@]
before you push it down the hill behind your house can i have first dibs?.here this video will help you remove the screw.it will tell you how to do it http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1144728/un_screw_you/

Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 AM

If you broke off the screw extractor, your kind of sol. The extractors are extremely hard. You might try to go and buy a carbide drill bit. that may drill it out, but I think the extractor will even dullen one of those. If you get it drill out, you'll have to go through the whole process again of the extractor, thats about the only thing that will work.

One thing to keep in mind. Make sure you have a really good screw driver. I've seen more screws get stripped due to a bad screw driver than anything else. If the screw driver fits the screw like its supposed to, you can put a ton of force to a screw without damaging it.

If the screw head is still there, and there is room, you can try the punch method like 94cbr600kid posted, or you can take a dremel tool and slot the screw head. take a flathead screw driver and place it in the slot and try to turn it out. The dremel tool will also cut through the extractor, so no worries there. But in your case, I dont think you have the room for either method..

I know, not much help, but thats about all I can add.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

If the screw head is still there, and there is room, you can try the punch method like 94cbr600kid posted,
i was just trying to be funny becuz the video's like PUNCH IT!! all funny and **** haha..but i doubt that would work in this case.honestly i have had this happen..To get the broken drill bit out.i used a vise grips..and just turn and pulled till it came out.Spray alil WD-40 on it first.let it soak a few mins then try it.after its removed try to drill it with a different bit.this time take your time and dont push the Drill so bad.which is probably why it broke.grab a beer and relax man.maybe take a picture and some may have even a better solution..just an opion

Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 AM
February 2009 ROTM

Reverse drill bit or just drill it out and rethread it.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

tee hee this thread makes me laugh

Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Then I'm not alone.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Hahaha. Makes me laugh too because it is so irratating. Thanks for the help everyone (except Rojer and X ). I'll let you know how it goes when I get home from defending freedom.