Not another Slip-on Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not another Slip-on Question

I have had my '06 1000 for a little over a month and I am ready to buy a slip-on. I was going to order the carbon fiber Yoshimura and the person said that the slip-on wouldn't fit properly on the '06. Is this true? I know some of you have yosh slip-ons on your '06. Did you have any problems?

My other question is how does the Arata sound in comparison to other pipes? I am familiar with yosh (fairly quiet), Scorpion (deep, but not too loud), and D&D (so loud it should come with ear plugs).

I am not at the skill level that I would notice a difference in power between a Yosh and an Arata and I like the looks of both. I was just hoping to save a few $$ with the Yosh.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Default RE: Not another Slip-on Question

first of all
there is no difference
all slip on will fit

from 04-06

for sound clips go to
http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...frameindex.htm

with a custom map made by a reputable tuner you would notice the difference between yosh and arata

Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 PM

I used a yosh s/steel. Fit was good, no problems there. I like the sound of it, but have heard better too. For the price, i think its a pretty good can. There is OF COURSE better ones out there, but a lot of em are 2-3 times the price. Like you, i wasn't worried about adding hp, cuz its got more than i know what to do w/ as it came stock, and i might upgrade to s/thing else in a couple years, but i just had to get that stock can off !!

Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 PM

Yoshimura slip ons are usually the best bang for the buck. I use to have one on my ninja 636, and the instructions were easy to read as far as installation. This time i decided to go super cheap with a slip on (minor differences in HP and sound in my opinion) and got the cheapest one available, which is the Jardine RT5 slip on. This one was a little bit more of a pain to install than the yoshi was on the ninja (it is a different bike of course) but as long as you have some average mechanical skills it is definitely possible. The cool thing about the Jardine is that you can take off the stickers that are on the exhaust, and have a completely metallic looking exhaust, NICE!

LOL, but if you have the extra bucks and very little patience, definitely get the Yoshi!

Old 10-08-2006, 10:32 PM

i guess it really depends on what you are going for

different sound and the ability to say you have a pipe
then get the yosh
if you want power
get an arata

a good map will give a boost of 15hp with the right supporting mods
(flapper, bmc filters, etc)

right now i am running a crappy generic map from a 2 brothers pipe and got a 8hp gain over stock with my arata
which is still more than a yosh will give

Old 10-09-2006, 03:55 AM

damn that's a nice 1000RR site.. I been trying to find the hotbodies sound bytes for their's. thank you for that link, now i'm for-sure buying a hotbodies (yosh's and HB's sound almost alike and i had a bike with a yosh, but i guess you fall in love with what your use to)

Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM

there are a lot of negative posts on hotbodies
especially on the 1000rr.net site

might want to read up before you spend a lot of money you wish you wouldnt have

Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM

Get what you like man !!! E/body on here is gonna have a diff opinion of whats good. I just wanted mine to be louder. There ARE other considerations besides how much of a hp gain you can get. I doubt there are very many people who can actually put all of the stock ponies to good use, and i'm deff not one of em !!

Old 10-09-2006, 04:22 PM

I have a yoush carbon cone and it fits great sound good and I picked up about 7hp across the rpm range with a custom map .It works for me . If I were a competitive racer I would go for a full setup .Arata or akrapovich.But thats BIG bucks

Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM

yeah i just care about the sound and look - stock performance on a 1000rr is just insane.. if i could, i would retard the performance a bit to get used to all that power. it's only going to be a cruiser (and no, i dont want a harley)
it seems like probbly most of the opinions on the hotbodies exhaust is probbly about not gaining any performance from it and it has such a deep sound to it. but i like the low roar sound compared to the high bumble bee sound plus the clean look to it. hate how the exhaust pipe sticks out 2-3 inches from the tail, looks ugly to me (IMO)

but thanks for the heads up baxsom - i know you werent trying to rant on me, just trying to make sure i dont purchase something i might not like.

Quick Reply: Not another Slip-on Question