NoR CaL HWY 9

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NoR CaL HWY 9

I went on probablymy last ride in the Twistys for the next 8 months and it wasawesome.Just thoughtI would share. My wife lives in the Santa Cruz mountains and any one from the Bay who rides should know Hwy 9. Its greatbut often has massive traffic, sunday drivers, and campers. But then her mother suggested I take some back roads. Take Hwy 9from Sarratoga all the way up, past the stopat thesummit where all the bikes stopwith the soda and hot dog cart and keep going straighttowards 236 or boulder creek. Once you get to the next stop go left and ride into boulder creek. Once you get to town at the first stop again go right, go a few miles to JAMESON CREEK, and you gotta watch for it, go left. The road is tight and kinda bummpy and steep but its worth it. It dead ends at the top of the mountain onto EMPIRE GRADE. Its smooth and fast with sweeping turns and NO TRAFFIC not one car in either direction. and it goes all the way to Santa Cruz. The road was like a dream, and the view was also great. Or you can go straight at the summit to 236 and that loops around to the stop in town and Jameson is right before it, just go right. Just thought I would share. If you ride 9 you gotta try it.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: NoR CaL HWY 9

pics ?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Default RE: NoR CaL HWY 9

hey next you ride 9 let me know ilive here in town , its a nice ride but you need to watch out for the cops