CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   New tires, Scared (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/new-tires-scared-81636/)

WhiteKnite 11-13-2008 02:55 AM

RE: New tires, Scared

ORIGINAL: Gsxr_eater

ORIGINAL: WhiteKnite

ORIGINAL: workshirk
it amazes methat someone buys a bike like a CBR 1000 and needs to ask such a question; this is the sort of stuff you should learn on a small bike, not a 160 bhp rocket! (Just my opinion)
Very good point!
i been riding for 5months and just barley got new tires.
Exactly... you have ONLY been riding for 5 months and you are on a literbike. You don't even have enough experience with bikes to know how to handle new tires, let alone the 1000cc beast under you. It would be one thing if you had a mature adult attitude but seeing how you reacted to TheX's picturesof his new ride made you sound like a statistic waiting to happen.
Well i have not fell yet so i'm doing good to me..and Thex pics..i wasnt talkin crap about him..just i dont see why people like the 08s they look like crap.
I'm not a big fan of the styling of the '08s either and have expressed that opinion a few times on threads which were discussing whether or not to get one, or the general styling of the new bike. In fact, I hate that they are ugly to me because I really want oneandthe styling is the only thing that keeps me from buying one. I am happy for people who have a new '08, one because they have a new bike which is always an awesome feeling, and two because it is a really kick ass bike, and they are lucky to either overlook the styling or actually like it (yes other people actually have different tastes than you or I). You don't have to go pissing in X's cornflakes just because you either can't have what he has or just feel like coming across as a dick.

Anyway, whether you fell yet or not it doesn't mean you won't get careless in the future, and I still hold firm in my belief that someone on arace rep should have enough experience with bikes not to have to ask about new tires.

Gsxr_eater 11-13-2008 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: workshirk
it amazes methat someone buys a bike like a CBR 1000 and needs to ask such a question; this is the sort of stuff you should learn on a small bike, not a 160 bhp rocket! (Just my opinion)
Very good point!
i been riding for 5months and just barley got new tires.
Exactly... you have ONLY been riding for 5 months and you are on a literbike. You don't even have enough experience with bikes to know how to handle new tires, let alone the 1000cc beast under you. It would be one thing if you had a mature adult attitude but seeing how you reacted to TheX's picturesof his new ride made you sound like a statistic waiting to happen.
Well i have not fell yet so i'm doing good to me..and Thex pics..i wasnt talkin crap about him..just i dont see why people like the 08s they look like crap.
I'm not a big fan of the styling of the '08s either and have expressed that opinion a few times on threads which were discussing whether or not to get one, or the general styling of the new bike. In fact, I hate that they are ugly to me because I really want oneandthe styling is the only thing that keeps me from buying one. I am happy for people who have a new '08, one because they have a new bike which is always an awesome feeling, and two because it is a really kick ass bike, and they are lucky to either overlook the styling or actually like it (yes other people actually have different tastes than you or I). You don't have to go pissing in X's cornflakes just because you either can't have what he has or just feel like coming across as a dick.

Anyway, whether you fell yet or not it doesn't mean you won't get careless in the future, and I still hold firm in my belief that someone on arace rep should have enough experience with bikes not to have to ask about new tires.
Yeah that's cool for the people who have them. And i have been on new tires before i was just saying whats the best way to wear them down so they won't slip as much. that's all

wilhon 11-20-2008 06:53 PM

With new tires: You just don't want to overstress your traction with hard throttle inputs, sudden steering/leaning inputs, or hard braking, follow? If you have taken an MSF class, what I'm saying here will have a lot more meaning. Don't be scared, just be smooooooth with your riding inputs. You might want to avoid heavy traffic.