new member / need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member / need suggestions

i recently bought a brand new 05 1000rr. i ride the bike to and from work almost everyday. i have noticed that when cruising around 4000 rpms in any gear the bike starts to hesitate almost like it is running out of fuel, bad. i am anything but mechanically inclined and the local dealership suggested that i post the problem to see if anyone has had this same problem. shortly after purchasing the bike, honda sent me a recall notice on the ACG (charging system) saying that riding the bike in the low rpm rangecan cause the ACG to overheat resulting in a short circuit of the "stator windings". i have no idea what stator windings are or even if this would cause the hesitation that i am having. if anyone has had this same problem i would really appreciate your input. thank you

Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Default RE: new member / need suggestions

the stator is like the alternator on a car. the 04/05 burn out on ocassion.
you will know when this happens because the battery will die and wont stay charged. if you start the bike and put a voltmeter on the battery terminals you should get more than 12v. if you get less than 12 the stator is bad
what work has been done to the bike, pipe, filter etc

a new pipe and bad map will cause this problem. the

Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Using premium petro?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 PM

the bike is completely stock. i havent had any problems when starting the bike or any electrical problems while riding. the mechanic at the dealership said that it might be a fuel delivery problem or a spark problem. but i would think that if it were one of those problems that that i would get the same hesitation during acceleration. it accelerates fine. only when i am maintaining a constant rpm does the hesitation become real evident, like i said it feals like the thing is running out of gas. i have no idea.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 PM

yes i use premium.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 AM

Brand new? Stumbling performance? IMO....a weak fuel pump.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 AM

plugs on these bike gets fouled if you rev it in neutral which can cause stumbling.

also if the air vent from the tank down to the side of the bike gets kinked or pinched it can upset fuel delivery.

if it were a bad injector the bike would throw a code.

the 1000rr has a noticible stumble around 2500 rpms from the factory but that shouldnt be happening at 4K

have you disabled the flapper in the air intake, a lot of low rpm stumbling is cured by getting rid of this sound emission critter.

http://rogueracing.org/flap.htm

Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 AM

Another thought...ck the battery cables on both ends (+and -) Sounds like a loose ground.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM

thank you for the responses. i have thought about starting with the simple stuff, plugs etc.is adding an injector cleaner to the fuel safe? i know the bike sat on thedealership floor with fuel in it for over a year. i figured i would start with an injector cleaner and go from there. any suggestions on a safe injectorcleaner. iwill take a look at the air vent and the possibility of disabling the flapper.are there any possible repercussions to disabiling the flapper, is it something i can do myself?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:57 AM

i will check the cables right now. i did have the battery out of the bike recently.

Quick Reply: new member / need suggestions