new exhaust, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new exhaust, any suggestions?

Thanks - Do you think the valve will reduce my mid range power, or is it really just an EPA / noise thing? Also, do I need some ECU work, or will the stock one compensate cause it's just a slip-on?

Old 04-09-2005, 02:48 AM

I like the fact that the RS-5 exits straight out the back and not crooked as many others do. Seems a shame to spend several hundred dollars on a state-of-the-art exhaust made from semi-rare materials then stick it on a cutting edge litre bike only to have it appear cobbled together from behind.

I've used Moriwaki on a previous RR and also on an R1 - very well crafted piece of kit. In the same league as Akrapovic, Arata, Arrow, and Sato. And not everyone and his dog has one.

Cheers

Old 04-10-2005, 07:47 PM

i was thinking b/t the moriwaki and akrapovic, but i decided on the arrow system instead

Old 04-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: leeward

Thanks - Do you think the valve will reduce my mid range power, or is it really just an EPA / noise thing? Also, do I need some ECU work, or will the stock one compensate cause it's just a slip-on?
It could reduce low end torque a smidgen because you now have reduced back pressure. If you're racing people at 3000-4000 rpms you might see a difference. Low end torque is gained and lost on dyno paper -- rarely can be felt at the seat. You will gain mid range and top end power which you will feel.

Old 03-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Default new exhaust! exhaust servo? Flapper Valve?

I have an 05 1000rr i just took off most of my front end (tire, forks, front cowl) to replacec my blown fork seals, and while doing so i decided to buy a new exhaust, i bought the exhaust (yosh rs-5 full system), took off my old exhaust, took out the exhaust servo(1.8lbs) and cables, and i removed the flapper intake valve. i was then told that taking the servo out will turn on my FI (fuel injection) light. my bike is in pieces waiting for the forks to be done and i am not sure if i should put the stock exhaust back on or if i should put the yosh on and don't worry about the light or if the light will really come on. i've yet to turn the key on will it all apart because my speedo gauges are off also. and with the intake flapper valve which hose is it that has to be pluged? Any help would be great. thanks.

Old 03-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Default RE: new exhaust! exhaust servo? Flapper Valve?

The hose-end that hooks into the little canister, (goldish color) closest to the motor is the one that you want to disconnect for the flapper. Plug the hose up with a screw of some sort, I used a 6mm numberplate bolt from my mx assortment. Check out Speedy's site for some help, HTTP://HOOLIGANBIKETECH.DYNUP.NET. He has a few different sections with tips for doing some mods, it's real helpful. I just unhooked the cables for my exhaust and zip-tied them up out of harms way. Good-luck !!!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WheelieManRR

I have an 05 1000rr i just took off most of my front end (tire, forks, front cowl) to replacec my blown fork seals, and while doing so i decided to buy a new exhaust, i bought the exhaust (yosh rs-5 full system), took off my old exhaust, took out the exhaust servo(1.8lbs) and cables, and i removed the flapper intake valve. i was then told that taking the servo out will turn on my FI (fuel injection) light. my bike is in pieces waiting for the forks to be done and i am not sure if i should put the stock exhaust back on or if i should put the yosh on and don't worry about the light or if the light will really come on. i've yet to turn the key on will it all apart because my speedo gauges are off also. and with the intake flapper valve which hose is it that has to be pluged? Any help would be great. thanks.
Check out this link and read the second paragraph. It explains how and why you should leave the servo on the engine but you can remove the cables and the valve on the exhaust it self with no problem.

Also the web site itself is pretty cool for other mods and info about the 1000RR.

http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...frameindex.htm

Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 PM

I have an 05 1000rr. I install the Jardine RT-1 race baffle slip-on. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to install by myself and taking my time to make sure there are no scratches. Also removed the exhaust valve the right way rather than cut the cables. I like the Jardine pipe. Everyone has there brand they stick by. So do some homework before you choose.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:09 PM

I put the Arata on, its bitchin'! Looks good, sounds good, and with the Titanium material it reduces the weight big time!

Old 03-23-2006, 12:18 AM

I was looking at a full arata and the only reason why I didnt get it, because you lose some torque. So i stuck with a slip on. Since honda has titanium headers already. One of these days I will also break down and get a full system. Although I have my eye on the micron one. Let me know how it is when you get one.

Quick Reply: new exhaust, any suggestions?